L5/s1 tlif in June

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi. I will be having a TLIF in June. Just looking for anyone who has and the same and as much info as possible smile 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi ive had this procedure done tlif l5/s1 in feb 2015 and still not right now it cured my siatica but lower back persists and im on loads of meds so good luck on your op but be perpared for long road and possibly may not improve your condition its like russian roulette with this procedure , ask away what concerns or worries u have and ill try and help regards Jamie
  • Posted

Ask your doc about an LLIF...LATERAL...they go in from your side.  One night stay, no rehab.  Just had it done at L2/L3.  FANTASTIC!!!!  Pic attached (you can see my other L3-S1 fusion below it).  Search YouTube for "Globus lateral" for the animation.

• Posted

Hi I'm also having a tlif l4/5 on June 12th hope yours goes well, my friend had it done and she said it's the best thing she ever did. Most people who have good recovery and good success won't usually come on here so don't worry about the negative ones cuz everyone's different

• Posted

Pic of my original four-level TLIF fusion vs. one-level LLIF below...

For a one level fusion, please look into an LLIF instead of a TLIF.  Don't know if it's applicable for your situation but an overnight stay in the hospital and zero rehab is waaaaaay preferable to a standard fusion.  Give it some thought.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.