Lab test

Posted , 5 users are following.

i read about a fairly new blood test that measures the activity of RA in your body.  Probably not explaining this well...but I did not bookmark the article and I have Dr appt soon where I wanted to discuss this...anyone out there who knows what I might have read?

0 likes, 5 replies

Report / Delete

5 Replies

  • Posted

    Maybe anti CCP test?

    but I think it's usually used to confirm a diagnosis.

    But if it can be used to see how treatment is working- that would be useful!! - just don't know about that!

    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

    Is it called Vectra DA? I had that test. Unfortunately, this was when my rheum was for certain I had RA. Still not sure about that...

    My numbers showed high inflammation levels. To my way of thinking, (nonmedical) that shows I have inflammation. Duh.

    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

    Yes...that is it....wondering if the test has helped anyone ...cannot imagine why neither of my rheumys have suggested this test.  My labs show no inflammation so why doesnt the pain go away?  Thinking the vectra might give more info.  Thanks for your help.
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

    Yes i ex rheumy was horrible...laughed off my questions totally..but he  was let go and I will see new one n July.  I will ask her and post.
    Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up