Lab work normal but don't feel it

Posted , 6 users are following.

I have some lab work that falls in "normal" ranges but all symptoms point to hypothyroid! need help!

Symptoms are:

fatigue

low sex drive

hair loss

weight gain/cant get it off despite exercise and diet

night sweats hot/cold symptoms during the day

memory loss/lack of concentration

kidney stones (parathyroid)

mood swings

I just dont feel right and feel like something is wrong and getting worse

Blood work done 6/18 and 6/22

TSH0.86 uIU/mL0.30 - 5.00 uIU/mL

Free T4 (FT4)0.97 ng/dL0.80 - 1.80 ng/dL

Free T3 (FT3)3.3 pg/mL2.3 - 4.2 pg/mL

Calcium9.8 mg/dL8.2 - 10.2 mg/dL

Vit.D21 ng/mL>20 ng/mL

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Have u had a full blood workup? B vits? Cortisol? ETPO? (TPO shows if u have autoimmune hypothyroidtis)
    • Posted

Bvitamin was actually on the higher end of normal.

And I've had autoimmune panels in the past all normal

• Posted

Hi Vanessa,

Overlooking what your results show, are very close to my results. Also in the same reference range for T4 and T3.

TSH 0.54. Range 0.40-4.50

T4Free. 1.2

T3Free. 2.9

Now I have found a wonderful Dr.

That's the first thing I did. Except for the kidney stones, I have all the same symptoms also. The Doctor took into the fact my mother and grandmother has thyroid issues. Also considering my symptoms. Put me On 75 mg Levoxyl. Now on it for 6 weeks. I'm feeling much better.

My advice, find a Dr who cares to help you. Some Doctors will look at the bigger picture. My old Dr would of sent me on my way with those results.

Thank God I found one that would go the extra mile.

Best of luck,

Maggir

• Posted

Hi Vanessa,

Overlooking what your results show, are very close to my results. Also in the same reference range for T4 and T3.

TSH 0.54. Range 0.40-4.50

T4Free. 1.2

T3Free. 2.9

Now I have found a wonderful Dr.

That's the first thing I did. Except for the kidney stones, I have all the same symptoms also. The Doctor took into the fact my mother and grandmother has thyroid issues. Also considering my symptoms. Put me On 75 mg Levoxyl. Now on it for 6 weeks. I'm feeling much better.

My advice, find a Dr who cares to help you. Some Doctors will look at the bigger picture. My old Dr would of sent me on my way with those results.

Thank God I found one that would go the extra mile.

Best of luck,

Maggir

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.