Labia bruising/bleeding

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello been suffering with LS for a while now , Has anyone encountered bad bruising and bleeding to the labia. it looks a dark red/black in colour. Really worried is this "normal"?

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Rachael - I think the dark/red black colour is normal. Mine is this colour and I have had several check ups where I have been told it is healthy. I don't know about the bleeding though as I have not experienced that, although other ladies on here have. Take heart.

• Posted

I noticed a change to a dark red color several months ago that looks like raw steak to me. Can't remember it ever looking that way before, but I can't honestly say I check that often. (Diagnosed 1+ yr ago). Thought it was a result of using too much clobetasol. It is primarily where the labia majora and minora meet. Am now using Tacrolimus during the week and a steroid on weekends only. The raw look seems to have lessened. Haven't seen my gyn for 7 months and the dermatologist who prescribed the Tac said nothing about it but she is very young and I question how much experience she has with LS.

I've never had any bleeding.

Fortunately I am now using a bathroom with a skylight so it is much easier to see.

• Posted

Beverly - interesting about the Tac improving the raw look. I will ask dermatologist at my next appt which is postponed because I am having a knee replacement op in January.

• Posted

I'm not sure if the Tac is the cause or if it was just using less clob. I feel like a science experiment that no one is keeping track of. The dermatologist says I am to use the Tac twice a day, 5 days a week...forever. I wonder how many studies support that dosage...if any. I'm sort of slipping into once a day as I don't always remember in the morning. I applied the steroid and hormone cream at night and am in that routine. Old dog- new trick...not so good.

• Posted

Hello Rachel, I have not had my appointment yet, but I have two dark purple bruises (purpura) on my posterior fourchette (the v of the vagina). I have read they are sometimes the first indication of LS, and are also one of the symptoms. The skin is so fragile that this bruising can occur - for me it's like blood pooling under the skin, but there can be abrasions that bleed as well.

• Posted

Sorry Rachael for the misspelling !

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.