Labia majora

Posted , 2 users are following.

I'm losing the fat on my labia major is this normal with LS

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Justine

This happened to me (aged 69). Within a few months of applying Oestrogen cream to my vulva about 5 times per week they plumped up again.

• Posted

Ok I have oestrogen cream I'm still using clob morning and evening so should I put on oestrogen at lunch ?
    • Posted

Justine - I should have added that I am only using the oestrogen cream because I have had LS for about 1.5 years. The GP recommended Oestrogen for insertion into my Vagina, but that proved too big a dose for me, so I have resorted to applying the cream only to my vulva. I picked up advice about using the cream (it is called Estrace) in this way, rather than putting it up my vagina, was something I picked up from the International LS forums: go to groups.yahoo.com and search for Lichen Sclerosis

Emis Moderator comment: I tried searching the groups as recommended but not sure the correct one came up. If you want to pass the direct link on please use the Private Message service.

http://patient.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/398331-private-messages

• Posted

Hi Justine

I would wait until your use of Clob is a little less frequent.

In another post I referred to an international Lichen Sclerosis group (it is a Yahoo group) which I tried to send a link for. The post has been held up by the Moderator checking it out. But in that group the founder recommended that when you are on once per day of Clob (or less frequently), then use the Oestrogen at night (so that it gets well soaked in) and the Clob in the morning to reduce chafing and irritation as you move about.

• Posted

Thanks you this makes a lot of sense I will try that next after I've done my time with the clob x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.