Labia Minora Punch Biopsy Recovery

Posted , 14 users are following.

Unexpectedly had a Labia Minora punch biopsy Thursday afternoon & have been in tremendous pain. The doctor suspected Lichen Sclerosis & did gave me a shot right in the labia Minora which really hurt, then did the punch biopsy & cauterized w/ silver nitrate after. Sent me home w/an expired tube of Lidocaine which only last 30 minutes & the burning pain returns. The throbbing has ceased but now 2 days later, the one lip is swollen & hurts just to softly smear on the lidocaine. Was hoping to feel better by now.

2 likes, 21 replies

21 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I had a biopsy, it did make matters worse for about 1 to 1.5 max weeks. First of all inflamed, then when healing it became itchy.

Hope you can rest up and take some time to recover, maybe go see a nurse or doctor if you are still feeling worried on Monday.

I really hope you are feeling better soon. It's a rollercoaster ride isn't it xxx💖

• Edited

I had a similar experience and it took like two weeks to heal that spot if not longer. I have found out that you learn a lot from these pages and the experiences they share. I also have ditched my doctor for a dermatologist...the care is like night and day! I was sent home with literally no info and a tube of steroid cream. Good luck and if you haven't yet go to the dermatologist. Hope you feel better quick! Also soak in a hot bath with baking soda that helped a lot!

• Posted

I'm 53 & had Lympho Epithelioma-like Carcinoma on my cervix in '04, so my GYN wants to keep a close eye on this.

• Posted

That makes sense! I just had my 1st appt with my dermatologist last week. I was so relieved after months of no help or guidance that I'm singing their praises! So glad they are keeping an eye on you.

• Posted

Recovery from a labia biopsy was 100 times more painfull and recovery time was way painful than my finger surgery.  I literally had no pain to remove a growing tumor out of my finger..even after the weeks of recovery. I would rather do that again that to get another shot in the labia!!! 

Healing really sucks..it's still very painful for two weeks!

Stop doing gynos for this..Go to a dermatologist!!! They know skin better than the gynos do. I've had my life changed by a dermatologist and using Protopic!!!

Any most of them NEVER find anythign wrong wtih the biopsy anyway.

Don't do it!!!  Save yourself some PTSD after getting a labia punch!!!

• Posted

I am going in for a Labia Minora Punch Biopsy tomorrow, I am extremely scared!

I noticed your comment about going to a Dermatologist and Protopic??  Is Protopic a numbing cream before the biopsy or something for pain after??  

Very new to all of this,   my gyno  just informed me of 2 options.

Thanks,

Deirdre

• Posted

Hi Deirdre,  I had a punch biopsy too. yes it does hurt, but the result is worth it. You will have a definite diagnosis hopefully. Don't tell my doctor this but i put some Recticare on my labia before my doctor did the biopsy. Then afterwards I did a lot of warm soaks. That brings the blood down to your bottom so it will heal faster. I get Recticare at any pharmacy. It's over the counter.  Check in the aisle marked hemorrhoid cream, etc. It's 5% lidocaine.  Do not put it on after the biopsy. It will burn!   Maybe some others here will have some ideas for pain relief too? 

• Posted

An expired tube, why?
    • Posted

yes really why give her a tube of expired cream?  Kind of makes us wonder who we can really trust doesn't it? 

• Posted

I had a biopsy done on Friday and it is now Tuesday. I am in so much pain I have been crying all day. What the hell happened. I went to the gym I he said I have LS and that I would need a biopsy, he sent me home with a tube of cream and that was it till Friday. He did a biopsy on the roght and the left side. I cant tell what going on down there its a complete mess. Omg how long will this take to heal!!! He told me i would be good to work on monday, here it is tuesday and i can barely walk.
    • Posted

What I don't understand is why if he says you have LS you needed a biopsy.  You can double check it yourself on the internet. I wouldn't have one. It's bad enough having LS without unnecessary additional pain and discomfort. If anybody here knows of a good reason to have a biopsy when it is apparent that it is LP can they please explain to me why this is. I am willing to accept I don't know everything, but......confused

Even if it is LP the treatment is the same surely.

• Posted

Hey Keepers if I would have known what I was going to have to go through I would NOT have had a biopsy done. It's not worth this pain and loss of work. I regret having this done fore sure, like you said if you know it's LA why do this.

• Posted

Jeepers not keepers, sorry auto correct
    • Posted

that's okay. hope you are starting to recover now. Take care.

• Posted

Hi Paula,

I had the vulva punch biopsy on Monday and it's still sore and swollen. My GYN told me that it takes about 10 days to fully heal and said it's necessary to have the biopsy because the steroid that's prescribed is super strong. Anywho, I sure hope you're feeling better. I have a few more days of suffering.

• Posted

Hi Paula,

I had the vulva punch biopsy on Monday and it's still sore and swollen. My GYN told me that it takes about 10 days to fully heal and said it's necessary to have the biopsy because the steroid that's prescribed is super strong. Anywho, I sure hope you're feeling better. I have a few more days of suffering.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.