Labia minora shrinking

Posted , 11 users are following.

hi everyone 

i am new here and diagnosed abut 2 weeks ago and using clob for the past week.  I can say most of the white patches have disappeared but I’ve noticed labia shrinking.  Is this normal?  Is the clob doing this?  It really freaks me out loosing that part.  Any advise.  I am gong back to my gyno in a week bu hopefully I still have my parts in tack.

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

No Joanne that is the LS the Clob will help keep it under control. Unfortunately the fusing is one of the main symptoms. Good luck Ann
  • Posted

Hi Joanne, obviously we can only see our own bits, but this is my story. I'm 57, had to have a total abdominal hysterectomy 13 months ago due to pre-cancer. My vagina/vulva were nice and plump prior to the op, but due to being intolerant to systemic HRT (it affects my mild asthma) things down there changed rather quickly, due to vaginal atrophy, paler skin, smaller labia etc, but looking healthy, according to the dermatology consultant at my initial appointment at the Vulval Clinic last week. I was diagnosed with LS, but for now, it only involves my perineum area, white patch and fusion at that area of vaginal opening called the Fourchette Bridge. My point is, the shrinking you mention may be atrophy, unless there's definite white plaque there too. Wishing you all the best Joanne.

• Posted

Sorry, just wanted to add, I'm on Clob, Ovestin, emollient creams etc, higher doses to start with, but also using a Vagifem tablet vaginally twice a week. This can definitely help plump things up. Please consider borax too. I'm going to, many people on here mention it.

• Posted

What exactly is borax and what do you use it for.  Is it a bath soaking thing.  I do,use baking sofa and I have Epsom salts too.  Only used baking powder so far.

• Posted

I'm waiting for my borax order to arrive. Apparently you use it in a similar way to how you're probably doing with baking soda/Epsom salts. Dilute in water and apply or as a soak.

• Posted

Hi Joanne

So sorry to hear that you are shrinking!  Me too!! It is the LS not the steroid. Keep up the steroid to avoid more atrophy.   I have found that when I use the steroid it makes the itch worse and unfortunately have had to stop using it.  I have tried all the other stuff recommended and to date found oestrogen cream for atrophy,  borax and colloidal silver help with itch.  Stem cells are another option to help with atrophy but expensive and done as a private patient.  Good luck 

I

• Posted

The labia shrinking is part of having LS.  The medical people call it fusing.  Mine have disappeared completely and my clitoris started to fuse as well.  That seems to have stopped for the moment.  Whether it will stay as it is now or carry on fusing I don't know.  I was diagnosed with LS about 6 months ago.  At present I use clob once a week, although I will use a 2nd dose during the week if I get the itch.  Every day I swob the area morning and evening with borax.  More often if I'm at home for the day.  I also use coconut oil if the area feels dry.  Welcome to the club.  Keep positive and you can stay on top of your LS with some routine care.  Best wishes.

• Posted

Hya Joanne, how are symptoms now? Have the shrinking stopped? Also what did the gyo say suggest? Do you use borax? Has this helped. I’m in the same situation it’s shrinking really fast have only been diagnosed recently. 
  • Posted

Hi I am  new to this forum and am so so scared I suspect I have had LS for quite some time but finally and many painful years plucked up the courage to mention it as an after thought to my gp ( I have to say I have a massive fear of the Drs and will never go unless i REALLY have no option.) anyway she diagnosed the LS and i was prescribed clob  and told to use it spraringly I used until it healed down there and then just for flare ups itching.

Now i went through menopause really early 30's and am also on vagifem tablets twice a week for the dryness as you can imagine with both going on i was in agony and sex wasa no no i was too dry and in pain.

this was all around 6 yrs ago.

I was drying myself last week and caught me down there !! ow ow ow iit put so much when i pee'd and when i put clob on i plucked up courage to look and I thought things didn't look normal ...I have no friends so no one i can ask or talk to and certainly not my mum.I have the larger lips but no inner lits just what look like 2 fleshy blobs each side one of which was raw I presume i took skin off it when i caught it. am I normal is this what happens I am terrified i have cancer and even more so to go to the drs.

Please help me 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.