Labrythitis after affects

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi all

So I really need some help, January 2017 I woke up feeling dizzy constantly. Next day went to the doctor was told it was labs, went through all that everyone does, the ent visits, MRI. All clear. Had the bad eyes, couldn't go shopping as it would make me dizzy etc, the anxiety came with  it to. However I just need some help in clarifying this, when I was diagnosed with it it wasn't till a few weeks later that I got a really bad ear infection and my ear drum burst? Could this be because of the labs and it still causing the problems at that moment in time. Also fast forward to now and I suffer with tinnitus and I get blocked tubes and sometimes pain in my ears, the tubes stay blocked for a good while also, does anyone else find that they suffered with there ears even after the labs was gone? 

Thank you in advance for the replies it means a lot because I'm driving myself insane. And it's not fair on my two beautiful children that I'm letting this awful worries control my life. 

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hello I was diagnosed with this in March. But ENT said that's not it. He was terrible though. Instill have eye issues which drive me nuts. Grocery stores, amd even just talking to someone and looking them straight in the eye throws me off. I feel like they are jittery amd that people will notice. I have the swaying type vertigo. Seems to be getting better, but eyes are still rough. I had a list of symptoms though. I have been reffered to a dizzy clinic which in on july, so hopefully I'll know better then.

Have all your other symptoms gone? I get the ringing in ears too.

• Posted

Hi 

Thanks for the reply, all my symptoms where gone apart from the ears issues. However in this last week my ears have been really bad and I've started with the awful dizziness again! I had rid of this awful thing for 6 whole months!! Can't believe it. It took so long to go the first time aswell. My ears just pop all the time when I swallow and sometimes I can hear them like cracking when I walk. 

Just hope its hurries and goes this time around it's so awful. X

• Posted

Hi Hun I’ve had what I been told is lab for three weeks so fed up of it it’s making me so anxious now I’ve started with really bad buzzing and hissing in ears I’ve always suffered with a bit of hissing but today it’s horrible. So I feel your pain it’s so loud what with tht and the dizziness I’m so anxious and fed up  has your lab gone now ?  Did you say but u still

Have tinnitus  x

• Posted

Has your ears only just started getting bad Hun? How did yours start? Its such an awful illness isn't it. I just don't get how docs act like it's nothing, yet they can't stop it from coming back or make the process shorter and better etc! X

• Posted

Hi jess

Im so sorry you are going through this it s totally life destroying ..i had a bad flu in jan this year it lasted longer than usual up until mid feb thats when all this started i get ear fullness about 60_70% of the time which comes with dizziness i also have tinnitus ..also i sometimes get a burning sensation inside my ears and my eyes go blurry about 40% of the time ..i too have had all the tests dun mri n ct head scan ear pressure check camera up nose n down throat all came back with nothing wrong ..its so frustrating cos i know there is something wrong ...my drs are now putting it down to anxiety ..to be honest i know the anxiety im feeling about all this isnt helping ..but its NOT anxiety causing the problem ..i cant live my life like this much longer ..its really p*****g me off that the drs are putting this off as anxiety . Well im not letting them close the book on me ..i plan on asking them to see a neurologist to see if its nerve related ..i am also going private to see a chirpractor as ive heard these problems can be related to neck/spine problems ...i hope you manage to get to the bottom of your problem ..they cant expect us to live like this ..its jyst not a life any more x

• Posted

Let me know if the chiropractor works Hun I had tht for migraine which helped. And I can’t stand this dizziness much longer it’s making me anxious x
    • Posted

I will do luv ..i hope it does work cos i cant stand the dizziness either sad i cant stand any of it ..onky good thing that s come out of this is weight loss with the stress..i weighted 11st 13 wen this began now i weigh 9st 12..would be right happy with it if i wasnt so ill x
    • Posted

I don't get how doctors can say this is related to anxiety? Yeah I understand that we get anxiety from this because it completely turns your life around. But it's easier for them to fob you off with that, don't get me wrong I'd say the anxiety defo makes it worse. But it's so hard to not constantly focus on this awful thing! I went to my docs the other day and he said he wants me to go to my dentist as he thinks it could be something to do with my tooth also and that could be effecting my ears. But tbh I think anything that leads to dizziness isn't a nice diagnosis. How are you doing? It does get better, but it's just sh*te that it can come back ( like mine is doing ) just hope I recover quicker this time etc. X

• Posted

Its like you said hun if they dont know the snswer to something its so much easier for them to say "oh its just anxiety" because i suffer from anxiety anyway its a gud excuse for them ..tbey even fob ppl off who dont suffer anxiety with tbe same thing (they get paid for nowt if u ask me) ive actually just got back from cinema today seems to be ok up to now although before i went to the cinema i was feeling a bit dizzy but seemed to settle wen i got in cinema probs cos i was just sitting though lol

Yeah thsts the crap thing about all this you think you might be getting better ...then BAM its back with avengence ..my life has totally changed ..i havent laughed once since all this started ..

I too hope you recover fast from this episode you are going through x

• Posted

Deanna I suffer with anxiety bad to but I know this isn’t it I had like a throat infection and cold then it came on about three four days after tht started so far the doc says labyrinthitis but I’m waiting for him to say it’s anxiety as they always blame it when I went to doc other day he made me close my eyes and march in spot but tht day it was not as bad and he went o it’s getting better then bang last three days it’s been terrible again grrr   X
  • Posted

Hi Jess,

You are not alone! Thousands of people saying they got some kind of illness, diagnosed with Labs, or Vestibular Neuritis, for me the symptoms were so severe I was diagnosed with MAV (Migrane associated vertigo).  Let me tell you that the ear pain and tinnitus will take a lot of time to get rid of.  You are lucky if you are not experiencing severe vertigo with this as most people have debilitating vertigo too.  First thing, join support groups on facebook, vertigo, labs, vestibular neuritis, etc.  You will learn lots of info, lots of people think that all of this is caused by Epstein Barr Virus.  Anxiety comes with this illness 100% - I've seen people battle over what came first anxiety or the illness.  You probably want to do keto or anti inflammatory diet to get your nerves to simmer down.   Vestibular Therapy this is KEY!- free on you tube to start retraining your brain. Supplements to get you healing - turmeric, magnesium (most people report big progress with mag) B12, C0Q10, etc. Lots of supplements to get you healing - I don't know about the drugs but some people who were offered antivirals right away had some success, I refuse to do them I see lots of people still suffering because they only took drugs and no made lifestyle changes.  I have had this twice! BTW the general feeling is that ENT's are useless.

If you have any questions let me know.

Good luck in your healing! smile

• Posted

Hi jack 

It's strange because my tinnitus comes and goes, sometimes made worse from me getting water In my ears etc. But this time my ears are clicking and blocked and hot etc and they don't seem to be getting better just worse! And with it the dizziness is coming back! Anxiety makes it worse because it's constantly on my mind!! I take vitamins daily including magnesium, I drink water but I also have the odd bit of caffeine.  I'm also on a few support groups on Facebook, it's nice to speak to people who have gone through this and hear the success stories etc because it defo gives you hope because a lot of the time I lose all of that and that's what's even harder to deal with thinking you can't be how you once was. I've never taken the drugs either as I always wanted to just get through it and I thought that's why I had got better. But clearly it takes me been run down as having a new baby to get it all back x

• Posted

I feel your pain - I totally know what you are talking about. Mine is only in one ear, turns red and hot and the clicking is ridiculous, ringing is horrible.  I had this for six months, got better then relapsed again 7 months.  I am still in denial on how the heck do I have vestibular migraines? from an illness two years ago...it all seems to weird?? I think the docs have no clue what it is.  Yes I agree with you that stress is huge trigger, from my research all it takes is for your immune system to be low and it takes hold of you again and again.  Do Whatever you can to rest, get some help with the baby, I know the VR exercises are a huge help, they suck at first but they are my saving grace.  Have you thought about trying the antivirals?  I think if I relapse again I will beg for them right in the beginning.  The Internist I saw said that the "ear pain" is not actually ear pain, its a migraine, its so hard to believe when it is clicking and flaming red.

• Posted

I drank one cup of caffeine through both relapses I didn't care, I needed it to even stay awake long enough to talk to my son, I cut out the other cup because I could feel the horrible shift after I had two cups..now I can have two most days.

• Posted

lastly I think I have menieres disease.my mother in law has it and everything is just to similar to her. She said at first its horrible happens all the time and its rough rough, then it tapers off only once and awhile when you get sick or stressed out..then as you get even older very rare.  I think I have vestibular migraines too..but with menieres.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.