Labs

Posted , 5 users are following.

My last labs showed my egfr at 68. Which says it's consistent with mildly decreased kidney function

My BUN is elevated at 7.4 mmol/L.

Creatinine is at 87 umol/L

Are these numbers okay?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Laurie,

Your eGFR puts you in Stage II which gives you a good amount of renal function. However, has your doctor told you why your creatinine is at this level? You'll want to do what you can to preserve the function you have. And, there may be something you can do that would improve your function. 

That being said, I would love to have as much renal function as you have! 

Marj

• Posted

My egfr is 44 and I feel OK and don't need treatment yet.

• Posted

Hi Laurie

How old are you? Any medical conditions?

From what I have read a diagnosis of ckd should not be made at these levels.

Jane

• Posted

Your egfr is a number that is guessed based on your creatine levels.

Some.pople post transplant only get 50-60%

But when you've been at 8% anything higher is a bonus!!

My creatine is 636 as of su day morning with a egfr of 9%

• Posted

Thanks for the replies. I do have coronary artery Vasospasms. I've had 2 cardiac arrests sure to them. One of my antiarrythmic medications is amiodaronewhich can affect many organs.

So, when I get my labs I'm always diligent in investigating any numbers that are off.

My egfr was 78 a few months ago now it's lower and I've never had a high BUN lab.

So, basically I was curious about these numbers. Thanks wveryone!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.