labyrinthitis

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi does anyone have labyrinthitis? And if they did have it, I am like dizzy on a boat 24/7. In afraid it won't go away, I've been like this for like 6 months now. Is there anyone who has had success with this and the dizziness finally dissapeared, is ruining my life.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Also is there any test that would show that you possibly do have it? Do the vestibular testing show if you could have it or not?
  • Posted

Hi Melissa,

Sorry you are going through this. Was there any event that started these symptoms. Long term imbalance/unsteadiness dizziness can be caused by several vestibular conditions. You should try to meet with an ear nose and throat Dr. An important first test is a good hearing test.

I also have imbalance dizziness for a long time now and did finally get a diagnosis but this can take some time and multiple Dr visits.

Do you have any other symptoms hearing or vision related or just the dizziness?

• Posted

I don't have any hearing loss, my eyes bother me a lot, and one time only did I get virtigo and then this other time I had so much fullness in my ears that I couldn't hear anything barely but went back to normal the next day, some times I have ringing and I have pressure and pain in my ear. I fainted and got weird after that, and then this winter I got the stomach flu a ton and that's when it all started more with dizziness. Do you have labyritis?

• Posted

No, I don't have labrinthitis.  My imbalance is from something a lot less common called Superior Canal Dehiscence.

• Posted

Hi, try going to a physio who has experience with vertigo and BPPV and they can give you exercises to do which will assist you.  check that your sinus is clear and blocked ears and nasal passages.  I have had it for over 6 months and have got acupuncture which assists me. 
  • Posted

Hi Melissa, 

I'm really sorry that you're going through this...I just posted this in the forum and thought it might help. Check it out...

Hello Everyone,

From those of you suffering from acute or chronic labyrinthitis, which causes symptoms of vertigo and dizziness, my boyfriend and I came across a natural cure and would like to share with you in hopes that it helps someone out there that is suffering. My boyfriend was battling it for a month and we didn't see it getting better. He was taking medication for the vertigo, which helped when he was taking it, but sudden movements would make him spin, everything would make him dizzy even driving, and his eyes would move rapidly back and forth. So I did some research and came across a smoothie that is used primarily for digestion, but it helps reduce inflammation, which is what causes labyrinthitis because your inner ear is inflammed so it throws you off balance. He was drinking the smoothie every morning and taking the medication for vertigo (I think it's the same thing you take for motion sickness) and within weeks he was off the medication and back to his normal self. It's been about 6 months since he was cured and THANK GOD it hasn't came back. The smoothie that he took consisted of: papaya (about 1/2 cup to 1 cup, depends on the size of your blender), pineapple (about 1/2 cup to 1 cup), homemade kefir (1/2 cup, you can buy the grains online or in store and search videos on how to make it, very easy), coconut milk (about 1/2 cup to 1 cup), papaya seeds (1/4 cup to a tablespoon, some papayas may not have enough seeds so just use what you can and make it last a few days so you don't have to keep buying payayas. The bigger papayas usually have more seeds. You only need to do 1/4 cup for about 2 weeks and then you can do tablespoon after that. Dont' stress if you can't do exactly 1/4 cup every time, just do as much as you can. Just start with more the first two weeks and move down to tablespoon after that.), banana (one banana) and honey (one tablespoon). WARNING: The smootie will make you poop so more payaya seeds=more poop. It's just cleaning you out so don't worry, if it's too strong start with less and work up. He took it for about a month or longer because we liked it so much. We haven't taken it in a few months now because we switched to oatmeal and fruits for breakfast since it's easier to prepare lol I hope this helps! 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.