LABYRINTHITIS/BPPV

Posted , 6 users are following.

Has anyone suffered either of these conditions? I've definitely got vertigo, but did you have a woozy/hangover type of head?

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

I was diagnosed with BPPV 2 weeks ago having had it for 3 weeks before that. Every morning when I got out of bed everything would spin uncontrollably for about 30 - 40 secs. My Dr. showed me how to do the Epley Manouvere which was successful but only lasted for 4 days. I don't drink so have never had a hangover but I know what you mean by 'woozy'! I had a 'woozy' day with a little spinning, and since then I have good days and 'woozy' days where I have to be careful to not turn my head too quickly or look up. Have tried to do the manouvere again a couple of times which has given relief for a while but does not last long. Because I am more careful now, I don't have the spinning when I get up but the 'woozy' days are pretty miserable. Glad it's not just me. I don't know whether to go back to the Dr or not. 

• Posted

I'very been suffering on and off for 3 months and know exactly what you mean about the hangover head. I have it at the moment and find the only way I can function is to start the day with a betahistine followed by a beta blocker about an hour later. I'm still waiting on a diagnosis but my GP prescribed me both abd advisedo me to do what works for me.

I also do vestibular exercises on good days which help clear my head.

• Posted

I read the symptoms like a week ago myself and it looks as if this might be the culprit as well. However, it says nothing of limbs being numb and some others symptoms that are occuring. I was also wondering if anyone wants to add me on fb , it just seems like an easier way to receive updates so that we can battle this together
  • Posted

Hi Iris

Definitely felt hungover! Like you're walking on a trampoline or a dock floating on water! Labs is nasty! My first bout lasted a long time but my second only a few months. Vestibular rehab exercises helped me to recover!

• Posted

Hi Debbie, people seem to be thinking I'm mad. I've got the vertigo, hangover head, tinnitus, my head feels like it's stuffed with cotton wool soaked in treacle. After 8 hours sleep I wake up exhausted. It's depressing

• Posted

Hi Iris,

I have had viral neuritis (as diagnosed by an ENT about 3 months ago) which seems to manifest of a clogging feeling/sensation in my ears (more th right), a ringing noise whenever I chew, and acute, constant dizziness/vertigo from day to night. I wake up with it and go to bed with it. Its always the same, I don't have bouts of it where it goes away, but just this woozy/hangover type of feeling in my head as you described. I feel like I'm going crazy! Still waiting to get a 2nd opinion and to see a vestibular physiotherapist as from what I've researched and been told, the vestibular exercises are important in re-training the brain. 

Does this sound like something you can relate to?

I feel your pain.

Pamela. smile

• Posted

Pamela I know everything you describe! I'm sitting in my car resting because of the spaced out feeling in my head and blurred vision. Fingers crossed we get sorted very soon. I cry with sheer frustration of it all. I feel helpless to help myself

• Posted

I'm no a driver bit I often wonder how suffers manage it... I find it takes enough concentrating completing household tasks

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.