Labyrinthitis..or anxiety?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I was sitting at my pc 4 weeks ago...chatting away on MSN and suddenly I had this pressure all over my head and the room swam in front of me!! I was terrified...thought I was having a stroke or my time was up! And I recently had an MRI scan (in March) which showed as normal( I had an MRI for headaches)...so I knew my brain was ok..but the feeling was horrendous..like I was drunk...I managed to walk holding on to everything to my next door neighbour..who then called the doctor out for me...the doctor said it was Labyrinthitis and I was given an injection to lessen the dizziness and some anti sickness tablets,even though I wasn't sick or anything but I was abit nauseous....I already suffer from Anxiety so it really was horrific to feel liek this...worrying about headaches was bad enough but now I'm constantly worrying if I'm going to get another spinning attack like that again! I do suffer from light headedness and sometimes when I move my head the room shifts or something...but this isn't a constant thing,so is it my anxiety playing up again or do I really have Labyrinthitis?...I am awaiting to hear from ENT for an appt...as I drive and really need to drive as I have 3 sons and am single parent so having this really is a huge set back...I have been crying abit the last few days,anything seems to trigger me off!, Not sure if it's the constant worrying about the dizziness or what..but I do suffer from Tinnitus as well...so when I get a dizzy spell or 'rush' to the head I get the noises to go with it too! So now when I have tinnitus I worry if it means a dizzy spell is coming on after it!...I've been trying to find a support group...or even anyone in my area who has suffered from this to talk about it and see how it can be dealt with!..( I am in the Midlothian area in Scotland)...I have looked into everything...and maybe I'm in denial but my symptoms aren't quite like Labyrinthitis....I just know I'm scared to go out anywhere in case I come over funny...but what is it though??

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

I seem to have the same symptoms as you which is very frightening when you are on your own, and i too am getting to the stage where i'm frightened to go anywhere too far from home on my owm which at 35 is a bit silly, this problem is starting to take over my life. my doctor is treating me for menieres
  • Posted

hi i have been feeling dizzy for about 10 months now my ct and mri scan was all clear so i thought maybe i am drinking to much so i was sure if i give up drinking i will start to feel ok but i havent had a drink now for 4 weeks and i feel 3 times as bad.

after a hour or so from getting out of bed i start to feel dizzy and i am like that all day long then. i cant walk to the corner shop because of fear i will collapse/faint and the shop is only 3 mins walk so this is running my life and i dont know what it is.

any help on this would be very much appreciated thanks

• Posted

hi guys, im 29 m uk, ive been suffering since last december 2006 from \"panic attack & anxiety and its just been \"horrible\". Ive been to A&E few times and have ECG scans, blood test the lot but thannks to God that EVERYTHING came back normal ???????. im NOT taking SSRI .... I cannot understand how these so called feelings and sensation (GP says) can take over ones life. I hope and pray for ALL you guys where ever you are reading this post that i hope you all get better soon. Its 11.15am im in nottingham... its very cold outside but warm at home!!. I FORGOT i also been having these horrible dizzy spells since yesterday. I dont really want to go to my GP as he will only say \" its just panic\". im so tired have hearing this.. he doesnt realise that just a little bit of talking and asurance to a person with anxiety that how much it means guys ONLY YOU CAN UNDERSTAND what i mean. (I HOPE) lol!!!! Take care.
  • Posted

i dont know if I am posting in the correct place. But hi guys and gals - Ive been having extreme dizziness, the pavements sways, If I drop my head /tip it slightly downwards and then slowly lift it back up again, I feel/fear I am going to collapse. I can barely walk, I dont feel ill, just scared I am going to colapse all the time. Been like this for a long time- at first I put it down to citalopram (which I dont take now), then I put it down to not eating enough and drinking too much. Cut my drinking down , now and eating better - but still having to cling onto walls, lampposts, walk slowly. Crossing a road is extremely difficult as I have to move my head. Can anyone help before I colapse again?

Last night I had 2 glasses of red wine, later partner found me lying on the toliet floor. I am scared something is seriously wrong!!!!

• Posted

[quote:9fd830d127=\"Tiny Tears\"]i dont know if I am posting in the correct place. But hi guys and gals - Ive been having extreme dizziness, the pavements sways, If I drop my head /tip it slightly downwards and then slowly lift it back up again, I feel/fear I am going to collapse. I can barely walk, I dont feel ill, just scared I am going to colapse all the time. Been like this for a long time- at first I put it down to citalopram (which I dont take now), then I put it down to not eating enough and drinking too much. Cut my drinking down , now and eating better - but still having to cling onto walls, lampposts, walk slowly. Crossing a road is extremely difficult as I have to move my head. Can anyone help before I colapse again?

Last night I had 2 glasses of red wine, later partner found me lying on the toliet floor. I am scared something is seriously wrong!!!![/quote:9fd830d127]

Katy oh Katy oh Katy, the bit in bold/red below is a post made by you on another thread 9 minutes before you posted this one. come on Katy - give it up eh? :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

You really aren't helping yourself here at all :cry: :cry: :cry:

Posted by : Tiny Tears

Post date: Sat Aug 09, 2008 7:20 pm

Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi K, I know the symptoms you describe, I have extreme flashbacks, and feel totally alone with them. The thoughts cycle and it puts me back in a deep hole. When I get stressed about stuff -they tend to come flooding back. When I am needed most or put under little amounts of pressure. Then I feel alone, so alone, and yes, then I get angry, aggressive with my partner. he truly is no support - well for me. (He does help with the children)

I have had flsahbacks for years(sorry that prbably does not help you) what youve experienced is more than lkely to be more severe than my problem. However, I just cant seem to get these out my head. Then once I get angry, its like real pent up frustration, I am so snappy with my partner, and then he gets angry with me, and then back into that dpression, anxious states. I also had a CPN, dont know where shes gone

[color=red:9fd830d127][b:9fd830d127]I drink too much. Take laxatives , and usually eat little as it helps me cope with my feelings (excpet well that behaviour doesnt) But thats how Ive deaslt with it- not good eh. [/b:9fd830d127][/color:9fd830d127]

• Posted

Fair enough. But I did not post myself as Tiny Tears in that thread. I named myself handbaglady. So yes, that seems really unfair. Ill give it up, Bye bye for now. and Melbi, I know you probably think ill of me now, and I am very sorry .
  • Posted

Hi Katy

No I don't think or judge you hun, but I do find your posts at times rather contradicting. My main concerns are for you and how you are portraying yourself on here. I know you are a lovely person deep down but for whatever reasons unknown to many readers here, I do not understand why you continue to make these posts contridicating yourself constantly.

We are all here to help and support you but how can we if you constantly post as you have been doing these last few weeks.

Love

Melbi xxx

• Posted

I guess I just need to be more honest with myself. yes, I see what you mean about my contradictions, and how bad it looks. I dont do myself any favours, and I have just exemplified what I am like on google earth to a lot of strangers. Not just that, but you are 100% right - people will think I was just making a mockery of this site, and please believe me that was my last intention.

I dont really know where to go from here - but in 6 months time, I hope I can post to you Melbi and tell you that I am well, dont do lax and my thoughts have levelled. Thanks and hugs to all who have helped.

• Posted

[size=18:59d149bd7c]I have a MI at xmas, had a stent in. since being on a wide range of medications I have developed dizziness with light flashing and buzzing in my ear. Doctors have said it was just a inner ear balance. which I disagree with. It has affected me going to work. I can wake up in the mornings and feel the bed moving round the room and upon standing hit every wall while trying to get to the loo. I feel safer lying or sitting down. I am now terrified to leave the house incase I get stuck anywhere outside. any suggestions??[/size:59d149bd7c]

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.