Labyrinthitis or something else??

Posted , 4 users are following.

I first had symptoms three years ago. I was in my car pulling into the driveway, everything went strange for a couple of seconds like I'd passed out, i was dizzy, sick and everything was spinning. Hubby took me straight to the doctor's and he said i had Labyrinthitis, he gave me a prescription and that was that, i felt much better after a month or so.

I've since had four attacks of this but never went back to the doctor.

This Tuesday (21/03/17) i was sat in a cafe alone and it happened again , i had that feeling of passing out again and the nausea and dizziness but much worse than the other time's. I managed to phone my daughter and she came and took me to the hospital, they took my blood pressure and it was sky high, i thought i was having a stroke , it was frightening. They said to go and see my GP (if it was a stroke they wouldn't of said that). At the doctor's she did blood pressure in twice and still quite high BUT gave me a prescription and said Labyrinthitis again and too come back in two weeks.

I've been on Dr Google and it say's Labyrinthitis doesn't tend to come back? So what's wrong I'm at a loss , a friend said MAV but i don't get migraines! I did have a pain that ran down the left side of head and down to my neck.

I'm under a Rheumatologist as i have Psoriatic Arthritis and Osteoarthritis, maybe there is a link??

I'm at a loss really as doctor doesn't seem too bothered.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Jane

Labyrinthitis can come back (I know someone who has had it 3 times in 2 yrs) its viral I believe so can be caused by a heavy cold or ear infection.

There's also silent migraines meaning all symptoms but not the pain.

vestibular neuritis (which I think I have, week 9). Waiting for ENT appointment. Again this can be viral or bacterial. I'm improving but would like an actual diagnosis!!! It's been hell 😩

Lastly Menieres.....which involves tinnitus and loss of hearing I believe.

I've looked at Dr Google a lot...can you tell 😂

• Posted

How much was the blood pressure?

Eleftherios S. Papathanasiou, PhD FEAN

Clinical Neurophysiologist

Fellow of the European Academy of Neurology

• Posted

I don't know how high it was as stupidly i didn't ask.

I personally don't think i have Labyrinthitis as from what I've googled it affects the hearing, my ears do hurt but never any hearing loss.

• Posted

I am concerned about the high blood pressure. This has not been adequately answered.
    • Posted

I'm concerned too. I have to go back in two weeks to have it re checked but I'm here at work worrying myself silly, I'm phoning my doctor tomorrow to try and get an appointment sooner.

• Posted

Hi I get this too, or at least I did. Now in remission. I have an auto immune disorder and that was how flares would manifest. My blood pressure would also go crazy high and hard to control during flares.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.