Lack of Balance, Memory, Awareness and Severe Brain Fog

Posted , 3 users are following.

Male, 23, Brown, non smoker, 5'6", 145 lbs, Canada

I apologize for a long post, but I want to make sure I provide as many details as possible. For the past 3 months I've been feeling strange. It all started with lightheadedness, a feeling of lack of balance and lots of agitation which I would experience everyday. I would feel it the most while walking, usually in the mornings. It would come and go, but sometimes I felt like just resting my head on my hands if I’m sitting and my body against the wall if I’m standing. My typical work day looks like this - I walk to work in the morning with a slight feeling of being off balance. I get to work and feel better when seated, but I’m more restless, agitated and fidgety than usual. When I walk around the office I continue to feel off balance. I can still do everything just fine, though. Couple of months ago I went to emergency to get it checked out and the blood test, CT scan and EEG (I think) came out normal. The doc, who thought it was an ear problem, said to follow up with my family doc. I followed up with my FD and he claimed it was labyrinthitis. Having done my research, my opinion was that it was probably Vestibular Neuritis since I didn't experience any hearing loss. He gave me Betahistine for dizziness which I stopped taking as it made me extremely drowsy. He did an additional blood test which came out normal. Occasionally, I would also take more dumps than usual (supposed to be just once every morning), possible due to the funny feeling in my head. Recently, though, I started feeling much worse. Last week, I was out fishing when I suddenly started feeling fatigued, weak and drowsy. So much that I had to pack up and head home. This happened a couple of times over the weekend, where I was feeling too weak to do anything, accompanied by a strange feeling in my head. Usually the feeling of lightheadedness, which I experience daily, is manageable. But this new feeling is so bad that I feel like completely lying down and going to sleep. For the last few days I’ve been sleeping much earlier than usual because of it. Yesterday, I felt it again when I went out for a walk from work. It’s hard to describe, but I guess I started feeling so much more lightheaded that it made me want to lie down. I also felt like I had a brain fog and as if my brain was moving in my head. I felt heavy-headed, as if there was a lot of blood in my head. My whole body feels stiff especially in the back of my neck and my head feels funny. It feels heavy and I don’t really feel like standing or sitting, but just lying down.

My daily symptoms:

Nasal and throat congestions

I get these every single day, especially in the morning

Lack of balance

I've been experiencing this for the last three months

Brain fog and lack of awareness

Sometimes it gets so bad that I feel like just going to sleep

Poor working memory

I find it difficult to remember things and forget things instantly

Anxiety symptoms

I feel Agitation and Fidgeting every single day. Some times I even get really bad panic attacks

Fatigue

I feel tired every single day

Stomach issues

I feeld aches and take more frequent dumps

My family has no history of any such illnesses. My diet has been pretty much the same as always, except I’ve been eating more healthier and been taking in less calories than usual because I’m trying to be on a cut. However, I’ve recently started eating more again because I want to rule out the possibility of the cut being a factor. I also switched from bottled water to tap water (I used to drink from bottles a lot due to convenience), but I highly doubt my diet has anything to do with any of this. I think I’ve had anxiety for the past few years, but I never really brought it up with anyone because it eventually became manageable and so I’ve never been diagnosed with it. But I feel like I’ve had it because of the symptoms I’ve been experiencing. It had completely disappeared until the start of this new problem. I say this because this new problem might be associated with anxiety, I’m not sure. I do have daily sore throats and nose congestions but I've always thought this was morning cold. I also have tried tilting my head back while lying down in order to do a BPPV test and I've realized I feel much more dizzier than usual.

I honestly have no idea what’s going on in my body and I hope someone can help me out, thank you.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Consider your neck. I have been spaced out for 8 yrs non stop and I finally went to a cervical chiropractor and mt C1 and C2 are messed up. If you decide to go to a Chiropractor make sure they are a cervical chiropractor. They will do an x ray and see if your C1 or C2 are out of place. Google C1 neck and dizzy and see what comes up. My pain is where the top of your neck meets the base of your head.
  • Posted

Hun I’ve had it ten weeks or more now I had a virus four days later this started been bavk to docs they keep say it’s labyrinthitis although like u I have no hearing loss I’m also agitated but I think Thts because the feeling of being off balance is making me quite anxious 😟 somedays now it’s like it’s going then bang the next day it’s there again. X 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.