lack of fluoxetine, day 6

Posted , 3 users are following.

6 days now since my last fluoxetine, definate changes in mood, emotions, general well being, and so far I have only had one of the "emergency" 2mg Diazepam, which did calm me down. I know this site is for people taking fluoxetine as opposed to having to stop it, but I had several interesting and reassuring discussions in the early days so I reckoned it would'nt harm to let you know how things were going. do hope anybody reading this is coping and starting to see the undoubted benefits to be had with this medication, caio for now, David cheesygrin

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi David

When I came off Citalopram I was very emotional - would cry at anything!

I hope you continue to post on here David, as I want to follow how you're keeping ..... and we've all become friends too biggrin

• Posted

Katecogs are you taking anything now or are still okay on nothing. I'm worried I'll have to be on this forever.
    • Posted

I'm back on Citalopram.  I came off over a year ago and felt quite ok for about a year, and took a natural SSRI from over the counter called 5-HTP and l-tyrosine.  Last year my son became ill so I restarted Citalopram because I could feel myself slipping backwards as I was so stressed.  I'm now only taking 10mg as have halved it already an am still ok.

​Many years ago my doctor told me you can stay on them for life if need be.  They're not addictive.  Many people need medication for life ie heart problems, blood pressure, epilepsy and so it's the same for depression too.

I know many come off them due to niggling side effects neutral

• Posted

I was on flu about a year and half ago and it was amazing it brought me right out of my depression after a couple months I stopped. I'm on it now I guess week eight and I'm only taking 5 mg but took 10 last time but this time it's a tablet instead of capsule but I don't feel the same. Maybe I was lucky last time it kicked in after 3 weeks and I was so happy and full of life. Maybe I'm just more depressed because it's the second time and I'm constantly worried about the intrusive thoughts.
    • Posted

The second time I started this medication the side effects hit me harder, though I wonder if I just didn't notice as much first time round as I was really very ill, so maybe the side effects weren't much different to how I was feeling back then.  It has take a bit longer this time around too to feel the benefit kick in.  5mg is quite low and wk 8 still a bit early too - are you going to increase to 10mg?  I'm sure it will all start happening for you soon, especially as it worked for you before. x
    • Posted

Yea I'm going to increase to 10 mg as soon as I hit 12 weeks pregnant. I can tell it's working a little but mornings still being my worse and still waves of it throughout the day. I've been extremely down because I have a ultrasound Friday. I had a baby develop hydrops at 5 months and miscarriage. I've read that ppl that had it happen has had it 2 or 3 times. I guess I'm scared I'll go off the deep end if it happens again since I'm not well to begin with.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.