lack of oxygen

Posted , 7 users are following.

sorry for all the posts lately. i have health anxiety and seeing other women feeling the same really helps.

does anyone feel like sometimes your not getting enough oxygen? when i went to ER for trapped gas they said my oxygen level was normal but sometimes i feel like i am short of oxygen. it also seems to happen when i am bloated.

TIA

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

hi

it is awful going through this but you have to remember that they would not let you out of hospital if there was anything serious wrong.  If you keep that in mind, I know it's hard when you're panicking with these dreadful symptoms/feelings.  During this, anxiety is heightened so it is hard to gets to grips that what is happening is normal and we have all had it at one point or another.  It does improve.  The only advice I can give you is deep, deep breathing.  Try and get outdoors into the fresh air and breath deeply.  This will benefit you so much, during all symptoms.  The more you try to relax, the easier it will get.   I know it's easier said than done when you are in height of an 'attack' of weird symptoms, but you have to take control of it and not it of you.  Keep telling yourself it is temporary and that it is not anything serious.  I found that saying 'i am breathing' over and over whilst deep breathing helps to get your head around it too.  Hope this helps you.

• Posted

Hi Kim

Yes I know exactly what your talking about , it happens me regularly. Although now I have pretty much managed to know what foods cause it. But it is so frightening . You feel like you can breath properly or your trying to take a deeper breath , but like your short of oxygen or something. If I eat chips no veg . I am like that the next day. Because the potatoes are just stuck in my system I am full of wind and it tskes longer for the chips to go through your system. Really need plenty of veg to keep things moving, then your so full of wind it's pushing up against your lungs. And that's were the feeling of not able to get a deep proper breath comes from. Bread also does this to me. Keep a food diary for a while and you'll begin to see the pattern and get to know what it is that causes it. Chips will cause the problem the following day. But bread caused it almost straight away. But if you go forr a walk while you feel like this. You will feel a lot better. Because while you are walking you pass alot of the wind . And you don't feel as bloated. I know you will think , I can't walk because I can't breath. But if you focus on what's around you and not on the fact that your full and bloated. You'll be surprised it goes away and then you notice that your actually passing a lot of wind the more the better 😀. Band drink plenty of water daily this helps to move stuff through your system too. Good luck

• Posted

Yes I get this too. Lately I have been feeling like I can't get a deep breath. Which causes more anxiety. I have had a lot of health anxiety since all this started. So you are definitely not alone. I pray and just keep telling myself this is all peri. I usually don't notice a lot of these symptoms until I am relaxing. As long as I keep my mind and body occupied, I am much better.

• Posted

Well I found that since I cut out choclate. Sugar . Out of my diet my anxiety has dropped considerably. I was so anxious of every thing I was driving myself mad in the head. But now since I cut them out of my diet .?i actually feel like I got my life back. I can't brlieve it.

• Posted

I've had similar changes since cutting out all the rubbish food.  The difference is amazing.  So I agree with you 100% on this.   Out with the bad stuff and more good food is key.

• Posted

Hi Kim!

I know exactly what you are talking about I went through

that for about 2 years. I use to tell my husband and doctors

that I felt like a elephant was setting on my chest. I would

have horrible shortness of breath! One day it just stopped

but every now and then I feel a little reminder of it.

• Posted

I get this if I eat too quickly

And I'm asthmatic anyway. It's horrible when you can't breathe can't talk eat do nothing except trying to stay calm until you get sorted out in hospital! I try my best to not go there.

Liz😀

• Posted

Dear Kim

Yes I have had the breathlessness before, sometimes when I have been talking I have felt I need to take an extra breath. I believe this is a peri meno symptom x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.