Lack of sensation in a patch associated with itching

Posted , 4 users are following.

I've got a patch of skin on my back to the right of my spine and around the level of my bra. I've tried different bras and none at all but I still have the itching. Anyone experience this numbness?

I've never been to the GP with it as it seems unimportant in the great scheme of things but it is very irritating in the real sense of the word.

As I've gotten older I have developed keratosis' all over my abdomen and a few on my face which I obviously don't like. I'm also prone to similar blemishes again on the abdomen which are also wart-like but different coloured. I mention these in case they can be connected to this patch of numbness?

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Is it a scaly patch!?Red or flaky!?
    • Posted

There is no visible patch but I do have several mole-type spots/marks - I'm sorry I didn't describe it well did I!
  • Posted

As soon as you mentioned your bra, I thought about nickel allergy.  I have been better since I found bras that are nickel free.

If you are in the UK, most of M&S's bras are nickel free.

I used to wear Fantasie bras and they have nickel in them.  When I spokee to them, they had no plans to remove it.  Good luck.

• Posted

Would a nickel allergy have an effect even at night time - it's not something I considered but I do wear M&S bras anyway.
  • Posted

Hi Andrea

i have several brownish marks on my face, one of which was growing by the month and it happens to be right below my eye socket. I also had something different on my nose, reddish in colour with flakes or tiny scales of skin. This last one on my nose has been there at least 5/6 years. At times if I used a scrub it became tender. Anyway visited a dermatologist 5 days ago as I was more concerned about the largish brown mark. As it turned out he said that was harmless and called sebhorreac keratosis but he was more concerned about the pink one on my nose as it is solar keratosis, which could in time turn cancerous. So I decided to have the dangerous one treated or frozen. When I realized it was not unbearably painful,in fact just a little stinging feeling, I told him to get it over with and do the brown patch also. Have to wait now to see if they will scab off and go. Just thought I would let you know.

• Posted

Yes I have the seborhorreac keratosis' and have one on my socket line too. I'm wondering about getting a dermatologist to look at my various patches and be sure they are safe. I haven't heard of solar keratosis' and hope all your problems are behind you 😊
  • Posted

I am hoping so too. He did say it would be a good idea to have them checked out again in May (I have a hospital appointment) as there might be some residue which would need to be treated again. The solar damage has become sort of angry and seems to be forming a scab and feels scaly, however the other one near my eye is just a darker than normal brown colour. Hope that is not permanent as it looks more prominent than it ever was. I was forever trying to hide it with make up. I would check yours out definitely. Better be safe than sorry. But since yours are sebhorreac, you should be quite safe. I love in a hot country and in my younger days I absolutely loved getting tanned. 
    • Posted

I am very aware of a family history of skin cancers but my experiences with GPs is they are quite dismissive and ive always come away feeling neurotic and foolish. It has been a while though. Thanks for your comments.
  • Posted

To be honest I very rarely see a GP, but my husband had an appointment and thought I'd ask him to have a look as it had been on my mind. His referral to see a dermatologist resulted in an appointment at the end of May, but by then it would be very hot here for treatment, so I decided to see one privately now. Don't be put off. Just insist the GP refers you to dermatology dept. I hope I did not put it off too long especially for the thing on my nose. I read that solar keratosis can turn cancerous within 10 years. My uncle also had skin cancer so...
  • Posted

It sounds like simple contact dermatitis. It's caused by tight fabric rubbing sweat into the skin -or an allergy to the fabic itself (including all components in the garment).  GO TO YOUR DOCTOR.  USING PUBLIC FORUMS as a substitute is done at one's own peril. Skin conditions are among the MOST DIFFICULT to diagnose ...MANY SYMPTOMS OVERLAP and there will be disagreement even among licensed "PROFESSIONALS".

Good luck. xoxo smile  

• Posted

Quote 'I am not a health "Professional" only qualified to give advice based on my personal experience'. Correction, not give advice but share personal experiences in the light that they might help or soothe  someone's fears. I was answering on the topic of 'keratosis' since it is included in Andrea's discussion, and also since I have just discovered I have got it. I repeat my advice to Andrea to make sure 'you get an appointment with a qualified dermatologist' as only such a 'professional' can diagnose Andrea's problem/problems. But then again, thank goodness for 'public forums' as many a time a problem shared does help most people. Otherwise what is the point of even reading or participating in these forums or having them at all?
  • Posted

Thankyou folks. I came on here to see whether this was a condition anyone else experienced and have come away with possibilities I'd not considered. I shall go and see my GP do not fear.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.