lack of sleep

Posted , 4 users are following.

Anyone else who has had the GB removed and are still suffering with symptoms have trouble falling asleep? Or staying asleep? Most nights i feel tired i go to bed but struggle to fall asleep it takes till around 2am 3am till i fall sleep but my alarm is set for 6.30am for work so im knackered all day. I take 30/500 co-cordamol for pain and when pain is really bad i take tramadol but still cant get to sleep. I also have to take pregablin every night so not sure whether its my symptoms or the medication which is the problem

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Benadryl will definately help you sleep

Ativan too but it is addictive

• Posted

Im worried about taking anything else as i am on 150mg twice a day pregablin, 30/500 co-cordamol, tramadol, cyclizine, lansaparole im worried what effect all this medication iz going to have of my kidneys and liver
    • Posted

Hi Coral!  The best thing you could do, is to have a word with your gp, and see what he or she has to say.  Val.
  • Posted

Hi Coral!  I had my gb removed 6 months ago, and still have problems falling asleep, and staying asleep.  I also suffer from night sweats.  Val.
    • Posted

Yes i suffer from sweating to. Its driving me insane with the lack of sleep
    • Posted

Hi Coral!  Was up at 2 a.m making myself a cuppa, and didn't get to sleep till after 5.  My gp was going to put me on hrt, but because i'm already on pills for high blood pressure, and the side effects would possibly cause low blood pressure, she and i decided between us not to bother.  Don't know what we can do about the sweats, or not sleeping!  Val.
    • Posted

It is so annoying and hard work when i work full time and a very active 6 year old son. I dont want to take sleeping tablets as my son has episodes of stopping breathing when hes asleep and he sleeps walks to need to wake easily. If i find an answer i will let you know ha ha if only
  • Posted

Had the gallbladder removed 6 weeks ago . I too like you am on pregablin - tramadol for a different issue of chronic pain - Before the pregablin I was on gabapentin and had no issues really with sleep .

Since starting the pregablin - no matter how tired I feel I am unable to fall asleep and read till 1-2am . I then have the same issues getting out of bed as you do .i have a headachey , head in a bucket feeling .

Am convinced it is the medication as it coincided with the start of taking pregablin .

Hope this helps

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.