Lack of sleep

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi, can anyone recommend an herbal sleeping tablet that works? I rarely sleep more than a couple of hours and many nights I do not even get 2 hours. Do not want to get sleeping tabs from my GP as I'd rather go herbal. Thanks in anticipation of a reply. J

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Ive tried Serenity herbal sleep aid and it works, but only works when your relaxed and let it work. Also Magnesium Glycinate is very good for sleeping. I think it is the #1 thing that has worked for me that is not prescription.

• Posted

Ive tried Serenity herbal sleep aid and it works, but only works when your relaxed and let it work. Also Magnesium Glycinate is very good for sleeping. I think it is the #1 thing that has worked for me that is not prescription.

• Posted

Hi Jean

I would not want to take sleeping tablets either.

I tried lavender and valerian drops and tablets, but they seem to work initially, not when you take them every night. I listen to a recorded hypnotherapy sessions on my phone (there are some free online), stop using computer about 2 hours before bed time. I read some easy books before sleep and this relaxes me. There is no definite herbal remedy which will work all the time, I have not come across any for many years.

I will check out the Serenity pills.

Good luck and best wishes.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.