Lack Of Sleep Induced Anxiety

Posted , 3 users are following.

Does being overtired heighten your anxiety? Sometimes it feels like I'm on a verge of a panic attack if I'm overtired. Does anyone else get that as well?

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Yep, I suffer from Depresonalization & Derealization from anxiety and if I've had a crap sleep it's even worse , also much worse when I'm tired !

• Posted

Because AD sufferers have a tendency to keep a tight grip on themselves, thus being tense/muscle tension, we soon deplete our energy stores. I'm far worse if tired.

• Posted

I've been getting overtired lately, and it seems to bring on my anxiety. In fact, it seems like I'm going backwards on this anxiety journey. Years ago I used to be afraid to be alone, and now that's come back again as well. The minute nobody else is in the house but me, anxiety symptoms start up. Being overtired has also been making things worse as well. It's almost like I'm starting on day one again. Before I knew that I had anxiety, I was always sick, whether real or not, and that's back too. This constant battle is tiring, and makes me wonder what's the point in being alive if I'm not actually living. So very torn, and tired.

• Posted

Sleep regenerates the body. Lack of sleep is very bad for the body in any state of being. It ironic isnt it the one thing that would help the most here is peaceful sleeping and yet anxiety keeps you up thinking and worrying. This is where working out is useful. Walk, walk and walk and do cardio classes to help the body use up all its energy.  But again all this is the fight or flight system gome awry so the body stays up on alert to protect itself to survive even though theres no actual danger. The whole thing is so absurd in some ways..learn mediation as well. Its hard to do mediation at first. They have begining ones too. I wonder if hyonitherapy can effect this just focusing on becomeing sleepy and nught. Hyonotherapy has to be very specific to work. 
    • Posted

I'm a night owl in general, and really loved my alone time. Now it's like that switch got turned on to have nightly anxiety that's worse than the daytime anxiety.

I have a meditation app that I use, and it's usually very helpful, but the last week or so I've been finding it irritating. That will pass through. It's like everything has gone haywire again.

• Posted

Haha that has happened to me. I feel like the mediations annoy me at times. Thats when i go and listen to podcasts or audiobooks. I actually have a headache today. Ugh
    • Posted

In a shallow note some cleaning the room the sleep in really well, and changing the sheets all fresh helps. Or making the temperature comfortable. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.