Lactose intolerance...

Posted , 6 users are following.

I think it’s safe to say I’m lactose intolerant... i love Greek yogurt... but since a couple weeks every time I eat a bowl mixed with cereal and fruits 10 minutes later I literally feel like my abdomen are about to burst... and it goes straight trough me. And I mean i don’t process it at all. After that i feel like crap all day and don’t l leave the rest room at all. and that only happens when I eat dairy... ugh... 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi

Sounds like you are. I can’t eat yoghurts as I feel bloated and agitated after eating them, if I put milk in my cereal, my digestion gets terrible and I feel terrible. 

• Posted

I know that there is a lactose intolerance test that a doctor can order. It sounds like you definitely have a sensitivity to the yogurt or something in the yogurt? Do you get that way with any other dairy products? You maybe feel extra awful after these episides due to dehydration and electrolyte imbalance, definitely something to talk to a doc about, I hope you feel better and figure it out soon smile
  • Posted

Have you made a good diary of what else might be causing this to happen.  Go see your gp to have it confirmed too. 

Unfortunately you will have to go lactose free but there are some very nice Greek lactose free yogurts on the market now.  Are you fine with gluten? 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.