Lactose Intolerance.......

Posted , 3 users are following.

For over 50 years i have suffered with pains in the stomach (my diagnosis ). My Doc was sick of the sight of me...... I had every test known to man and nobody came up with any answers. . My symptoms were , pains in the stomach, a feeling of constipation, ( constipation has been with me for as long as i could remember), a feeling that my stomach contents were coming up into my throat, and a feeling of sickness in the stomach. Now, while none of this was life threatening, ,it made life miserable for me.Then one day my Doc said, i am retiring, you will have to get another GP. So i found another GP closer to home , one day i mentioned to her about the tummy problems i was continually having , she asked me a series of questions, then said go off all dairy products for a month then come back and see me. After two weeks i was starting to feel better , by the time i went back to her , i was feeling a whole lot better. Then she said you are Lactose Intolerant i am sure. It took a while to get completely on track, but i have never felt better. Fifty years and no body figured that out, i just could not believe it. I dont know if it wasnt thought of back in those days or what, but now i am careful about anything that contains Lactose and i do carry some Lactase tablets , just in case.I still have trouble coming to terms with the length of time it took for a diagnosis of my problem , but i guess the one thing i never mentioned was bloating of the stomach. (maybe a new term for me )....................

1 like, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

One thing i forgot was , it was mostly thought that i had IBS........ (i couldnt find how to edit the above posts so i did this reply )........................

• Posted

Hi Billy,

That's fantastic news that things have improved so well but as you say, what a shock it's taken so long !

Good luck with your new diet and new life, without these frustrating symptoms.

best wishes

Beverley

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.