Lactose intolerance gotten a lot worse, cant eat even a cookie now?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Last summer I developed what my family concluded to be lactose intolerance. Its mostly been lowkey with just gas and some other things when I had dairy, yogurt didnt bother me, sour cream didnt. Recently they have started to though. Now it has gotten to the point where I ate sun chips - modified milk products, sour cream, and mozzarella cheese. My friend gave me thin mint oreos with modified milk products and I got sick both of those times. Yesterday I had gravy, turkey and bread as a hot sandwhich and was really badly sick and had symptoms I never had before. Today I ate a chicken burger with mayo, spicy wedges/tater tots, and one m&m cookie. I think the cookie set it off but it was such a small amount of chocolate, which had dairy. I ate an apple, went to work and got a bloated stomach after 2 hours of work. I had cramps, stomach pain and gas. I'm not sure if its just lactose intolerance anymore or it whenever I eat food its causing me to be sick. I dont know what to do. What does it sound like to you guys? Should I see a doctor to find out if it may be something else

2 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Instead of diagnosing lactose intolerance yourself you should see your doctor who can request a simple test to rule it in or out.

If you cut out foods containing lactose then over time it makes you more sensitive if you DO have a lactose intolerance and then taking quantities of lactose-containing foods makes for a greater reaction. 

• Posted

I have only had small quantities and thats just what I initially thought but I will be going to see my doctor

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.