Ladder?

Posted , 16 users are following.

Landlord (who lives on the property) is in some kind of mood today and has just complained that my front curtains aren't "white enough". Getting them down involves getting onto a ladder multiple times to unhook them. Has anyone tried a ladder 9 weeks post-op?

2 likes, 28 replies

28 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Dear Belle, 

I commend you for taking responsibility and being responsible - It seems silly to complain about curtains , and i think you are right - nothing personal, he is projecting his feelings of being powerless on the rental unit -

Make sure that you have help hanging them back up - is even more daunting than taking them off ....

How are you doing other wise? Have you fully recoverd from your previous fall???

be safe, darling

big warm hug

renee

• Posted

Thanks Renee

I think the fall was okay. It hurt for a week, but I'm back to the "usual" hurt now. Have my x-ray on the 19th so will find out then. I had been putting a pillow on my computer chair and I pushed the chair back one night, cushion slid off and I slid off with it. I am 9 weeks post-op and had expected to be walking without two crutches by now, but haven't dared to go to physio since falling (I want the x-ray first), so my muscles aren't doing too well. I can still get around.

My daughter will be home tomorrow. Neither of us is looking forward to rehanging the curtains. So many hooks. It is much easier to take them down that to rehang them...

• Posted

Ye, but just 3 steps - and I was VERY careful - had my wife with me at all times.

As Lyn says, "dear Landlord, can you help me get them down so I can wash them as I cannot possibly do it at the moment."

Oh I see, getting them down is solved, all you have to do is get him to put them back up now., or perhaps not, if there are none there, they can't be dirty can they twisted

Graham

• Posted

They're still hanging up drying. Tomorrow, we have to put back the hooks and then hook each one onto the individual thingees. Groan... They weren't dirty, but they were dusty. Glad they're done, but not looking forward to putting them up tomorrow...
    • Posted

Belle, you should not be hanging them up. Surely you can enlist someone else to help your daughter do it, someone who is able-bodied. You are taking a huge risk if you try. The health and integrity of your body is far more important than hanging curtains. I am worried for you.
  • Posted

Look dont even go there please. Explain to your Landlord that your unable to climb a Ladder !! Be careful. 9 weeks is too early. ASK for Help regards Amanda
  • Posted

Tell him you changed them and you prefer the 'grey' or 'yellowish' or whatever colour he thinks they are wink​. I used to change my curtains twice a year before my hip op but now ....who cares....(mind we do own our property!) but I have a friend who has never taken hers down, she hoovers them! Watch that hip! wink
  • Posted

Curtains are washed and dried, but we haven't put them back up yet. My daughter is not working on Wednesday so we'll have a go then.

I had the idea to bring our small breakfast table from the kitchen and put it near the windows. It's a four-seater rectangular one and much larger than any of the surfaces we have in the front room. We (one of us) can use a chair to get up on that, put another chair on the tabletop (I have non-slip matting I can put down under the legs) and get the curtains up fairly easily. Both daughter and myself are too short to do it even at the top of the ladder and very tall son-in-law (other daughter's husband) isn't available to help due to work.

We've had the front blinds down ever since we took the curtains down. Landlord hasn't said a thing...

• Posted

belle, please don't climb up there to put them up. Can't very-tall-son-in-law come over after work? Presumably he doesn't work 24 hours a day. This is NOT the time for you to try to balance on top of a table. 
    • Posted

After work would get him here around midnight. No thanks... Hoping to get my daughter to do the table balancing, not me...
    • Posted

Midnight is too late. Well, as long as it's not you! Good luck.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.