Ladies 55 plus please....

Posted , 9 users are following.

Having awful insomnia! im 56 and wondered how outher women my age manage with work ....im off again! just completely exhausted 😴!

if only i could rest/sleep switch off im sure id cope with all the other stuff.

im sure my partner is fed up of me not earning hes in his early 50s and works 60hrs + ... im in a spiral of thinking sort yourself out but not sure how!!??

xxx

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

hello, i struggle too. i go off sick for other reasons but at the back of it all is menopause . exhaustion, mood swings prone to infection, breast cysts etc etc while your at work dealing with hot flushes, memory problems, and freeze, managers and younger workers not understanding. struggling to keep going because you are risking your job. when does it start getting better. having massive hot flush just thinking about it all.

• Posted

I get it. I realized last Thursday. I didn't even want to do the work anymore. I'm retiring. They need someone that is excited about the job and wants to do it. I have no idea how I'm going to make it. But I can no longer work in this Lion's Den.

• Posted

Hiya all and good morning I have been struggling to had to give up work for a bit anxiety no sleep gets to you I'm 56 this year and been having day night sweats tears the whole lot then a week ago I started multi vit and mineral mix in morning 1 sage pill at 6pm after dinner then 1000 magnesium at about 10.30 bed at 11.30 cold bedroom fan on lavender on my pillow no caffeine no sugar ..woke up yesturday and today slept all night how pleasedo was I feel like normal person today. JUST want to say I have cut out bread and made my own with coconut flower and flax seed as well not the same as bread but great and it doesn't give me hot flushes normal bread did.. I think sugar and caffeine Def don't help I have 100% choclate and coconut oil and cashew milk as I don't drink milk I get my choc fix and it doesn't cause a hot flush then same again effort 12 please try all these things I was at my watts end then started to listen to my body each time I had something ....I hope this helps don't panic just stay calm ....I know so hard but I feel bit better good luck x

• Posted

Hi there, would you mind sharing the brands of all the products you use please? Thank you kindly in advance xx

• Posted

Progesterone helped me get back to a regular sleep cycle. I don't need it anymore to sleep.

• Posted

I was just off for over a month. Went back Jan. 2nd. Was off the 18(this was planned last year). Woke up Friday the 25th could not go called in. Called in again today. I told my Supervisor I needed to speak with her tomorrow. I'm retiring. I don't know how I'm going to make it, but I can no longer work at this job.

• Posted

Hi Aly,

Have you considered getting on some hormone replacement? I'm 58, been in full menopause for almost 4 years and have enjoyed a very normal life including a full night sleep every night. With a good doctor that ran regular labs I started first with progesterone cream and then added estrodial, estriol and testosterone to the mix. I too had no sleep nights battling hot flushes then freezing cold. You get up in the morning eager for night time to come so you can go back to bed in hopes of a good night sleep but it don't come. I've been on bio identical hormones for over three years and will stay on them for my health, happiness and quality of life. We just cannot function without sleep and it seems to bring on a snowball effect of other issues when we are deprived of it. Good luck!

• Posted

Hi Aly,

I am certainly in the same situation! I drag myself in day after day and do not know how/what to do once I get to work.

What have you tried so far? Diet modification as Karen suggested? Any supplements? HRT--even just for a brief period? Maybe just a sleeping pill to help get your sleep regulated?

Is there a way to modify your work schedule? Go from full to part time? Change positions to one that has fewer demands? I hear you about a partner who has expectations and does not understand. I work with a lot of men my own age who are making huge accomplishments. I can't even remember if I brushed my teeth.

You are not alone! I had to take a sick day this week because I was on the floor, in a fetal position, sobbing. Incoherent and confused. (My period still comes and it is like a demonic possession.)

PM me if you like. XXOO

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.