Ladies??? And gentlemen of course

Posted , 2 users are following.

Men it’s gallbladder issues are just more common in women. I found it streams that as my thyroid. How many of us have had our gallbladder removed and have hypothyroidism? Just curious 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hello Joey, I’ve had ongoing gallbladder issues. I’ve been treating with liver/gallbladder flushes, herbs, acupuncture.

Shortly after I started on the Levo, my gallbladder became infected and I was diagnosed with lesions on my liver.  I treated holistically and stopped complaining of the pain to my doc.

It’s no surprise that hypothyroid patients have gallbladder problems... the low body temp typically found with hypothyroid patients, causes fats (normally in liquid solution) to solidify and clog the gallbladder duct, often blocking the pancreatic duct as well.

This results on liver/gallbladder problems, a myriad of gut problems, diabetes and pancreatitis.

If you want an interesting read, check out the pancreatitis group! Many of them have hypothyroid, have had their gallbladder and apoendix removed, as well as other organs.

• Posted

Yup, gallbladder issues! Check out the pancreatitis group. Seems there’s a huge connection between hypothyroid, gallbladder, liver, pancreas.
    • Posted

Thanks I’ll check those out. I have a high pain tolerance and I’m Italian so I drink a lot of strong coffee, so at first  I thought the gallbladder attacks were just heart burn. So I treated it with tums or pepto. It wasn’t until I was in bed and could not lay in the same position that my mom said “that’s your gallbladder” (all the females on my mothers side had theirs removed) so I went to the er and my pc decided that it needed to come out immediately. The gastrointologist said after surgery he could not believe it was my first trip to the hospital.  It was just a pain because both my thyroid and my gallbladder quit at the same time that my symptoms were hard to place. See I’m never cold.... quite the opposite in fact I’m always hot, even before I gained weight, and I was 100 pounds soaking wet. Stay healthy!!!
    • Posted

Might be worth checking out pancreatitis symptoms. High pain tolerance is one of them.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.