Ladies can you help me decide.

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi ladies

I'm 1 year out from tvh and second anterior repair and need advice on what you would do in my situation.

I've been now not working for a year from my parttime job at a lad clothes store and I'm going nuts with being at home.

I didn't return back because I had decided to look for receptionist work as its friendly to your pelvic floor rather than standing for 6 hrs a shift.

I've had no luck with receptionist jobs at all and was wondering if it would be a bad idea to return back to retail work with not much lifting involved, it's the standing that out me off doing it.

I really need to work financially and fir my mental wellbeing but as of now I've had no luck at all.

Funds are low and I'm desperate to return to work.

My husband works overtime when he can but his job us very stressful but he does the best for us all.

I'm 51 fit and healthy but this fear is stopping me from returning to work. I loved the job and the girls I worked with .

Do ladies my question is would yiu continue to look fir receptionist or return back to your old job.

Live to yiu allxx

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Apologies for spelling. I work at ladieswear store not ladπŸ˜…πŸ˜…

• Posted

Hi welshgirl 67. Have you recovered from your op well? I went back to work in a shop after similar surgery some years ago. Quite hard work and had to go up and down 3 flights of stairs with stock on delivery days. I believe employers have to provide a chair for staff if they are standing more than 3-4 hours but not too sure about this as things have changed a lot and it depends on the 'boss'! If you could maybe give it a try, go back and see how it goes before you decide. In the meantime, look around for something lighter to see you through until you retire. Have you thought about doing some retraining? I did a part time course in keyboard skills which would help with reception work. I'm now 75+ and have had two more op's for prolapse, (vag vault and posterior, one was two years ago. Our bodies do tell us when they've had enough so it's best to listen to yours! Can you sign on as unemployed these days? I'm a bit out of touch being retired a few years now.

Hope you manage to find something suitable. The people in government don't think or even know what it's like for women in these situations. It's time THEY were re educated so that more understanding for middle aged and older women is available with and from employers. Good luck, Ellie1943

• Posted

Hi ellie

Thankyou for your lovely reply. Yes I've recovered really well from my opinion but because the first one failed early weeks fir no appararant6 reason I'm now very over paranoid lol.

I'm age 51 and very fit and healthy otherwise.

I cannot sign on has my husband us earning way above the threshold so that not happening but fir me to feel myself again I need to intereact6 with people on a daily basis as I'm a very outgoing chatty and need that connection as I guess most of us do.

Training at college is a fee of Β£200 but may not guarantee me a quick fix.

I suppose my worry is if I return back to shop work I'd be worrying about everythin9 coming down again πŸ€”πŸ€”.

I have a long way before retirement so I need to start earning again. It doesn't help our children age 23 and 21 still depend on us financially6 although our daughter works in I,t but our son is on a gap year which h I feel isn't very suitable as he is home a lot.

Thankyou so much for your time in replying and I wish you lots if healing if you are still recovering.

• Posted

I don't think there are any quick fixes, it was just an idea. Re keyboard skills course, If you look around you might find a course somewhere in the private zone. (Try Facebook or other social media and ask the question. You could try some volunteer work for awhile and see how that goes. Or give the retail trade another go on a trial basis. (Don't tell employer that though!) I was fine for almost 20 years and then I needed a rectocele repair. Later on, about 2 years ago I had a Vag vault and another rectocele repair which was mainly due to age related problems and weakening tissues. So... not too bad I don't think. I didn't let it stop me doing stuff I wanted to do and had a good life really. Age catches up with all of us eventually.;-) Good luck, Ellie

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.