Ladies on contraceptive pil...Help please :( warning of TMI lol

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi ladies.  I started orlistat 2 weeks ago tomorrow.  Ive had no side effects except one tiny passing of oil last week when I went to the loo but no urgency/diarrhea etc. I take the pill for heavy painful periods (not for contraception as hubbys had snip lol)

Thing is this morning I've started bleeding, heavily wjen I haven't had a period for over 6 months due to the pill im on. Ive been taking my pill at bedtime, more than at least 4hrs after my evening blue pill but it seems that the orlistat is still affecting it sad anyone else had the same problem? 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

It says on the booklet that orlistat can mess up your cycle (I usually skip my periods about 4 trays then have one as I have horrible ones too ! ) and even though I only skipped 1 (2 trays) and I was spotting after the first week of the second tray ! So I can't advise anything as it says in the booklet that it can mess with them and also try changing when you took your pill I used to take it in the morning but now I take them in the evening (as I usually have trouble with going to the loo in the morning) hope that helped ! 
    • Posted

Hi, thanks for your reply.  It only says that it can affect the pill ic you get diarrhea in my leaflet and gp also said that is if it causes the runs it can prevent contraceptive being absorbed but otherwise shouldn't affect it rolleyes

I don't want to take my pill in am as thinking that my morning orlistat may affect it whereas at bedtime thete should be plenty of time after my tea. Really hoping it sorts itself out as im having no ogher affects but this could be enough to make me stopbthd orlistat as cant cope with my periods rolleyes

• Posted

It said in my leaflet (in the box) it can affect your   cycle but I have found that even though I was on the pill I bled 
    • Posted

Why can't they make the leaflets the same lol just double checked and mine defo only says if they cause diarrhea ho hum will see how it goes x 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.