Ladies who's had a baby

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi when u have a flare up and your sitting on the tolite and the pain is so excruciating would you consider the pain to be as painful as contractions dilated 6 or over? I mean I'm in so much pain I think I'm going to fall over and die, so I just close my eyes an sometimes without even knowing it dig my fingers nails into my skin until the pain passes. I just need to know if you experience this kind of pain?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Lea1788 I feel your pain  when I have a flare up which I did just over two weeks ago the pain is exactly as you have said it feels like labour pains but without the joy of a baby for all the pain, on my last flare the pains started on my way home from the drs so it was butt cheeks together and get home very quickly. The poor cat got told to get out the way , never  spoke to my husband and spent the next hour and half on the toilet sweating and in severe pain luckily I had been given steroids to calm it down .
    • Posted

Wow this is exactly what happens to me, especially when I'm out with my family and I'm on my way home. I was in the bathroom for 2hrs yesterday and almost thought I should go to the ER. I choose not too, after I passed a little stool I felt so drained and fatigue I went straight to bed. Didn't even tell my husband so he got kids ready for bed for me. It's the worst feeling I've gone through I thought I was going to pass out.

• Posted

I'm wondering if next time I should go to the ER bc every doctors appointment when I'm feeling good they can never find anything.

• Posted

I have IBD and I am not a woman, but I get terrible pain as well when having a BM or passing or holding gas in. The pain is so bad that I have passed out on the bathroom floor and have thrown up as well. I finnaly got a useful answer as to what it was. There is a rare form of IBS that can be triggered by an IBD flare. It causes extreme pain in the muscles of the anus, basically they go into a spasm. My doctor gave me a prescription that helps this pain very well. It is D sy clo mine. It can help. You must talk to your doctor about it. I can't remember the name of the condition that causes this pain though. 

• Posted

Thanks Craig I will talk to my doctor about it, my pain isn't in the anus though. My pain is above my belly button and under my rib. They come and go like contractions, it must be those spasms you are talking about.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.