Lady issues! Advice!!?

Posted , 6 users are following.

So, for awhile now I’ve had “painful periods” especially leading up to it and the first couple days, then it subsides. It’s very, very heavy the first two days. Lots of cramping, even some nausea at times. I swear my periods have gotten worse since I had my son over 2 years ago, but they were still bad before that. 

The question I have about it is that the first day, when it’s really heavy, I have random pains in my rectum too. I get gassy during my period and sometimes my anal region will have a really sudden and sharp cramp-like pain that will take my breath away and then after a few seconds it goes away. What is this?? Another thing- I also feel soreness in my vaginal area during this time of the month. Are these things normal??? 

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I don't know if it's normal or not. But I have the same issues. The first 2/3 days I bleed really heavy, like a super tampon every 45mins sometimes. Lots of giant clots. The pain in the vaginal region, I have that also, it's like a deep ache. I do also know what your talking about with the sharp pain. I can't offer any advice other than if you take an NSAID like Advil in a higher dose it can reduce bleeding. It has for me a few times. I'm 30, and am seriously considering an ablation to stop my periods. I don't do well with birth control and think it's horrible for you. I did try an IUD and ended up with a tear in my uterus from it, so that's out. Just go see your gyno, if there any good surely they'll have a solution.

• Posted

I would suggest going to a gynecologist. They may be able to help you. I have endometriosis and have similar symptoms. If they find signs of it, they may be able to burn off the spots making things particularly painful and bad. This isn’t always the case, but it’s worth a try. 
  • Posted

There is a muscle in the rectum that can spasm. I get it sometimes when I go for walks, and have to sit down. It's harmless, but hurts like heck. 

• Posted

Vaginal pain during your cycle is common.  Haven’t heard of rectal pain with it though.  See your doctor about the heavy bleeding.  It might be fibroids or a cyst.
  • Posted

Hi Hope,

HAve you done ultrasound or seen your gynae? Sounds like endometriosis but the rectal pain best to have a colonrectal dr to check

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.