Ladycare - practical question

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have a practical question to everyone who has used this device. I just received my first one this morning so I have no idea yet if it's working; I just put it on after my evening shower.

However, one stupid but also important question: after putting it on, I assume you need to remove it (along with the magnet) every time you go to the bathroom? I dread going up in the middle of the night, pulling down my panties without thinking, only to hear the device drop into the toilet...

I hope this device works (as I have been suffering from some pretty debilitating peri-menopausal problems lately and no supplements I've tried so far have worked), but when I first read about women wearing it 24/7 I never considered the practical aspect of going to the bathroom several times a day...

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi, I never needed to remove when going to the loo. But I did find myself attached to the cooker one time! And supermarket baskets cling to you. It's a strong magnet!

• Posted

On a serious note, believe, and it will help. I wore it for about 3 months, hoping to reduce blood loss due to fibroids and night sweats and clamminess, and fatigue. I believe it helped. But I eventually started  HRT when the symptoms got worse as I've got older.

If you don't like wearing panties to bed, stick the device to your tummy with a big dressing/plaster. I preferred to do that.

Good luck!

• Posted

Thanks to both of you! Very helpful indeed!

The fact is that I have been on HRT - bio-identical estrogen and progesterone - for the past six years. I was put on them originally not because of perimenopause but adrenal fatigue (I see a so called hormone doctor in Belgium). But they have not helped at all since my terrible night sweats and hot flushes started about six months ago...sometimes, I wonder if I should try synthetic HRT instead as those hormones are said to provide longer-lasting effects in the body...Maisie05, can I ask you if you are taking bio-identical or synthetic HRT? My doctor said only the latter increases the risk of breast cancer and stroke, etc...but I have been wondering lately if synthetic hormones are also more potent and provide better symptom relief in perimenopausal women...? 

• Posted

Hi. I'm also on Evorel Conti patches. Been using them for 12 months. I believe patches are better as they are directly absorbed. They have certainly relieved all my meno symptoms. No sweats, flushes, hair and skin better, no anxiety, no palpitations, less fatigue and body aches. I gained about 6lbs but small price to pay for feeling well. I have had issues with spotting but from chatting with other ladies on here that is a common side effect.

• Posted

Interesting, that sounds like a really great product! I have downloaded some information about it that I will save for future reference. I like the fact that it contains both estrogen and progesterone so that you won't have to use two products for the same condition.

• Posted

Hi Catarina I used the lady magnet for near on 5 months and I'm afraid to say it did absolutely nothing for any of my symptoms so I am now on HRT as I needed some kind of relief from hot flushes and mood swings. I really hope it works for you.

Karen

• Posted

Ok, thank you! That's sad to hear in a way, but I'm happy to see HRT seems to be working for you! Can I ask if you are on natural or synthetic HRT?

• Posted

Hi I am on synthetic I'm on Evorel conti patches but have only been on them since Monday so can't tell you if they are going to be a relief to my symptoms but hoping they are.

Karen

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.