LADYS PLEASE

Posted , 6 users are following.

do women find that they suffer a lot more before/during their period?? Like I was watching the news and all the negativity made me feel so anxious and I am suffering with intrusive thoughts and I literally feel like I'm losing my mind I really do someone please help me please give me some hope sad

I feel like my life is so dramatic but I think that's just over whelm with all of this I am so stressed with it now sad 

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Hi Tanys I think you're right that women suffer more during your period, I certainly did before the menopause. Please see your GP about this as I'm sure you will get the help you need. Hope you feel better soon.😀
    • Posted

I'm only 15 so that's why I'm so curious, I can literally think myself into an oblivion and I feel like I'm losing it like just left feeling horrible and not knowing where to gowhat to do blah blah blah, I literally feel like my life is one big drama cause of the way I feel it's terrible! hahah
  • Posted

I deff get worse a week before I'm due on and also whilst I'm on its driving me crazy I feel like I'm getting better then bam all the hormones set me off again
    • Posted

Oh my god literally I feel like I'm losing it I really do, what's annoying is that it came from no where like literally no where at all I was so focused on doing well in school and going to college had my mind set on everything and it came out of absolute nowhere it's BS!! I got put on the pill and I was feeling sooooooo much better and all of a sudden last monday something set me off and that was like spot on a week before I was due on I think. I got put on the pill to see if it balances it out but I don't even know anymore 
  • Posted

Yeh my anxiety and stress level goes through roof before during and after my monthly. R u on any meds at the mo? I have severe anxiety, intrusive thoughts but was put on sertraline 50mg and have been on them 32 days today. Was feeling good for a few days around week 2-3 but then the anxiety came back as was due on and got the flu and now have a chest infection so anxiety has been going on still for 2 weeks. I hate the intrusive/worry thoughts but sertaline has helped abit for it. Also have u tried rescue remedy as that helps to calm me when I feel out of sorts. I also take propranolol 40mg x3 a day. Also I am 34 and have just started to learn knitting and that really helps take my mind off thoughts and feeling anxious so maybe try that or learn something crafts/ making stuff and selling it online ie face bay or ebay as that will keep your mind occupied x
    • Posted

I'm only 15 so it's like I got put on the pill as obviously hormones play a massive part in teenage years and I had nothing to start feeling anxious over... I don't wanna rely on meds either tbh and not too sure if any of my family would approve, they all seem to think I attention seek as I drag it on but it's something I struggle with every day it's all I have been freaking thinking about now for about a week and half just as I was getting better aswell!!! 

My mum was teaching me how to knit hahah I love it but my mind still thinks about it rolleyes x

• Posted

Try rescue remedy then or something herbal just to get u back to feeling calm. Kids can use it and u can take it as often as needed. It's very good. Do u keep yourself busy, r u at school. Read magazines, books, make stuff, puzzles, do whatever u can just to keep your mind off things but I def recommend rescue remedy, it's about £4 for any supermarket or chemist x
    • Posted

Also it might actually be the pill that is making u like this, give it til Monday and if no improvement get a doc appointment and tell your doc everything smile x
    • Posted

Well what it was it came out of nowhere the anxiety like literally nowhere atall and althought it was bad it got really bad coming up towards my period so like christmas was so bad for me I felt horrible sad but anyway my mum's noticed that I was getting really bad acne on my back aswell which is another sign of hormone imbalance.. I really was improving like incredibly and it's just flared up again last monday like I said like a week before I'm normally due on 

I've rang the doctors to see if I can speak to someone about it x

• Posted

Yes. Whenever I'm due on, my anxiety absolutely goes through the roof. I'm on edge all the time, does make you feel your going a bit mad... Your not alone.

Hope you feel better soon. 😊

• Posted

Thank god, could you please personal message me if you have time x
  • Posted

Hi Tanya

Yeah I started to really notice last year that in the day or 2 leading up to my period that my anxiety would get much worse... for me much of my anxiety manifests in physical symptoms so I was had begun feeling really ill and with aches and pains all over my body coupled with heightened levels of anxiety... It got really bad for a few months and I started to thnk something was really wrong..... a friend of mine then recommened that I try taking starflower capsules daily (I bought them on amazon I think...) and Im happy to say after 6 months of feeling really ill each period, it has eased off loads.  Starflower is known to support PMS and associated symtoms and its very much like Evening Primrose whihc I understand can also be used.  Its totally natural and not expensive so I would recommend giving it  a go.. obviously we are all different and react  so I dont know how it will be for you but I certainly know of a few people it has helped.  Good luck 

• Posted

Hi, yeah I have been taking starflower and primrose mixed but I stopped taking them for a while and just started taking them again for about 3/4 days on my last one today I'm not sure if they're working though but I'll see about putting them out. Mine's more physcological so I start worrying really badly haha horrible. Thankyou smile x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.