Lamictal - Seizure?

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hey all so i was diagnosed with epilepsy at 8yrs old i am now 21 and last year i had some health issues which led me to change my medication from Epilim to Lamictal its been about 3 months now since i have fully swapped over to the new drug Lamictal or Lamotragine (same thing) and the other night when i was driving home i felt really sleepy and i wanted to close my eyes i thought maybe it was just the heater i had on so i turned it to cold to keep myself awake but when i got home i was sitting on my couch drinking some water and all of a sudden i got this massive head spin like really big and strong and i thought for sure i was going to have a fit but i kind of pulled my self back together and got up straight away and took my tablet. Since 8yrs old i have never known when my seizures were going to happen but now being on this new drug is it possible that maybe now i can tell when there going to happen ? i went straight to my GP the next day and he checked my blood pressure and checked my pulse and my eye reactions and he said they were ok so he sent me for some blood tests and i go back on Monday for the results but could this have been a seizure or do you think i was about to ? obviously like i said i have never known when they were going to happen although if i could i would imagine that would be what it felt like. Does anyone on here know when there going to have a seizure ? and what does it feel like ? any ideas or input would be much appreciated ! i really hope that this new drug works for me i would hate to have a fit now its been 6yrs! 

0 likes, 71 replies

71 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi from the states dear friends ,

i am around😀

I just got back got back from my trip (230 miles) to see the epileptologist and speaking of Deja vu I had one over the weekend actually.

lived it or dreamt it ?

it makes no difference they're all the same for me.

5 seizures Friday and 5 yesterday .

most I don't realize I'm having but the others are very different.

sharp ringing in right ear and unable to keep legs still as well as erratic speech .

anyway one med increase and onward.

im always around sometimes it just takes me a bit 🙂

I appreciate you all very much xxxxxxx

Allen

• Posted

Have a good nights sleep Allen and hope you wake refreshed or a bit better tomorrow xx

Hope all goes well for you as it is a lot, bet you feel shattered.

Let us know when you have rested what Epi doc intends to do to help you have a break from them xxxx Take it easy pal xxx

• Posted

Hi allen

I too have epilepsy. I have frequent szs due  to mesial temporl sclerosis.

Mind my asking which aem you are taking?

Hope you are  feeling better.

​Thanks

• Posted

Hi mo my man😎

I hope you're having a good day of it !

• Posted

Singing Winnie🙂

Always good to hear from you....

last night was good n when I get my thoughts together a touch better I'll I'll be a little more informative hon.

Xx Allen xx

• Posted

oh yes, thanks.. good day with a positive ending!  hope yours is shaping up ok too.  wink
  • Posted

Hi. Amy,

i don't mind sharing at all....

Lorazepam for extended. Clusters.

lamotragine and Onfi .

together they help a lot!

today is a good day for me.

the last week was awful.

memory isn't good good so I don't know what I've shared with  everyone here or not.

( Winnie n mo ) dear friends and I hope I've found one in you as well.

theyve been thr a lot and are. A wealth of info as I'm sure you know by now .

Allen

• Posted

hi againAllen

Have u ever been prescribed clobazam for clusters of seizure?

• Posted

Hi,

no but lorazepam really knocks em down. 

The seizures take it out out of me  tho tho mentally and physically !

exhausting....ugh!

• Posted

..aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand amy, looking at your post again - the very last sentence may just hold a clue.  it's a new drug to you.  firstly, i truly hope they phased one out as they fed the new one in - it took over a year for me to be completely rid of the evil tegretol.  i never had a single med change - up, down or sideways - that didn't have me knocked all over the place for weeks, even months!

could the shock factor of unfamiliar chemicals running around in you be behind some of the things you describe?

btw.. thanks for clearing up 'op' ..forum lingo i s'pose ..lol

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.