Lamotrigine or other medication symptoms/withdrawl. Feeling depressed and lost.

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hello everyone! I just joined this forum recently. I have a few mental health issues including bipolar, sensory issues, adhd, depression and anxiety. While I am waiting for doctor answers, I have some questions and concerns about a few medications I was on. I'm wondering if anyone has known someone or themselves have experienced any related symptoms or happen to know a doctor with answers.

The 16th of December I started my medications of 25mg of Lamotrigine once a day, Memantine10mg once a day, Magnesium, B6 and Niacin. I felt my bipolar and anger issues start to get a little better within 2 weeks. Ok great!

Well as prescribed I had to start taking Memantine twice a day 6 days later: no issues seemed to occur. Lamotrigine twice a day 2 weeks after my first dose. The week of January 3rd I noticed, and others that I began to act very hyper compared to normal and I noticed throughout the week a rapid heart rate. Normally I am in the low 70s but now it sometimes ran 95 or more! Somewhere in there I began getting light headed and dizzy. Concerned, on the 6th I called my doctor to lower the dose of Lamotrigine because CVS mentioned those could be side effects as well as the FDA. Luckily I was only supposed to be on thus for only a month, if that is what is causing the symptoms I'm about to describe. The 11th was my last dose. But I am still not sure if it's the Lamotrigine or Memantine which I am now going through tapering back to one a day at night. The FDA does say Lamotrigine stays in your system for 14 days roughly.

So what's been happening is, I will feel lightheaded and dizzy at different points throughout the day. Sort of, 'out of it' a little shake but not actually shake. It seems like a blur, but I am not 100% sure it it happened while I was still on my 2 Lamotrigine a day or when started the lower dose. The dizziness also feels like an anxietyof sorts. I still feel like I have rapid heart rate, but I did go to my primary care and during the 15 minutes there they said my heart rate was fine. It seems better than when I was on the medication twice a day...but still makes me nervous. It also feels like I am disconnected from the world around me, as if im about to pass out from not eating enough? Maybe vertigo? Almost And a nonstop anxious feeling. Its so hard to describe.

The weirdest symptoms that just began happening a few days ago, is while I am driving. No idea if this is related or something else completely. I began to feel a little lightheaded and a vertigo feeling, then extremely anxious. Even at a stop light or stop sign sitting still. During that I start to have a sinus head pressure and difficulty breathing.

I'm wondering if anyone has experienced anything like this, or knows someone who has...and what I can do until I hear from my doctor. I know both medications have strange side effects on and with withdrawl. Is it withdrawl I'm feeling or did the medications do something bad? And here I thought I was going to finally have my mental health under control...only to spiral into this weirdness I keep feeling.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.