Lani talk for BPD

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi

Wondering if anyone has tried Lamictal for BPD. I have read good things but was hoping to hear others experiences with the drug. I am also very anxious to start it as it can cause a life threatening rash called Steven johnsons syndrom.

Cheers

L

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Sorry. Topic is meant to say lamictal!
  • Posted

Lenny 

The drug is well known in the treatment of BPD, if you are concerned you will find a leaflet, you will see it explains all about your medication.

Most medications have side effects and this one is no different. You need to ask yourself are the risks of taking this meications are worth the risk ? You need to set both things together and make informed choices.

I have made these choices now for around thirty years and have made informed decisions and know the risks. Ask what you woul be like if you id not take this mediation.

I would not worry regards this problem, the concerns seems slight, even more rare as far as Death is concerned.

You make your informed choice, then if needed discuss all with your GP, He is in Partnership with you as far as your health is concerned

BOB

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.