lansaprozole

Posted , 19 users are following.

Was prescribed lansaprozole (Zoton) for reflux. Cured reflux, but caused hair loss. A headful of thick curly hair was reduced to my scalp showing through, also lost all body hair and eyelashes! Stopped taking it but haven't got my hair etc back! Can one sue the Pharmaceutical company?

0 likes, 51 replies

51 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

This reflux problem seems to be absolutely rife. There must be something that's causing this that's new to our digestive systems!!!! It makes me angry.  It's an epidemic.
    • Posted

For me personally I have always eaten well and kept fit, never been overweight (lucky that way as have to train to keep muscle and weight on).

I think the combination of the food and drink one day in Dec 14 took its toll on me and throw my stomach and digestive system in to termoil.

I believe the PPI have reduced my belching but have caused other problems and side effects after a year.

It is far to easy to try to stop the effects of a problem and miss concentrating on the root cause.

The NHS seems so stretched that people do get the care but not the true investment into the individuals case in a short space of time.

Just to change the tack on this- I would be happy to pay more towards the NHS as long as the government sorted out the large corporate businesses that fiddle the books when it involves taxes and the prices that we all pay for amenities at home.

Any way, good luck with your problem .....

Bali2000

• Posted

OMG! Hope that, by now, your hair loss problem has been sorted out. I

have been on Lanzoprozole for a year, and my hair has fallen out at an alarming rate. I had a fringe, last year, but it has all gone and my scalp shows through on the top of my head. It is devastating. I just can't believe it. It has cured the reflux but what a price to pay for that!

I really do hope your hair has regrown, now.

• Posted

Hi thanks for your reply sadly my hair hasn't regrown I also have scalp showing through where my thick fringe used to be. They don't really warn you about the hair loss side effect my Dad was also on Lansoprazole and ended up completely bald .I really recommend buscopan and landsoprazole plus probiotic yogurts for acid reflux .

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.