Lansoprazole

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hey, I've managed to reduce my meds from 2 30mg tabs a day to about 15mg a day. However, I am getting slight heartburn. Do I up my dosage a little or try and carry on?

I've also got an endoscopy in a couple of weeks and I'm supposed to stop pills altogether. I'm not sure I want to do that in case it sets me back. Any suggestions?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

When did they tell you to stop, it’s usually 1-2 weeks before endoscopy. It’s important to stop and put up with the discomfort so they can see what is going on. Until then I would take a dose that doesn’t cause heartburn. 
  • Posted

It’s good that you are working on reducing your Ppi’s , it’s terrible stuff and works on the premise that you have too much stomach acid , but almost all people with reflux have too little . Most time the esophageal sphincter doesn’t close properly , and when only one drop of acid escapes you get the burn . Wean yourself off by taking something like Zantac instead , and then wean yourself off the Zantac with natural remedies . I like Dr. Mercola’s video on YouTube about acid reflux , very good advice .

be prepared that it will take some time before your stomach is back to normal . 

• Posted

Hi there,

Well done for getting your dosage down and wouldn't know whether to increase, what I would do is make sure you don't eat big greasy meals, very little after 6.00pm and take a good glug of gaviscon before bed. I hope this helps and good luck with the endoscopy!

• Posted

I'm trying to cut down from 30mg at tn moment I'm taking 1 15 mg on a morning and having a 15mg at evening time but sometimes I get acid so I take more the next day and that helps do it's a slow prosse 

• Posted

Have you ever had to stop taking it for an endoscopy?
    • Posted

No I've had Endiscopy done three times and never told to stop taking the PPI I would imagine it would be very difficult to stop you for of take Zantac instead they work differently to PPI a lot less harmful to 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.