lansoprazole and anxiety?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have had anxiety for a few years and generally deal with it pretty well and have never suffered from a low mood or depression I started taking lansoprazole and propanol about 4 months ago and started to get worse like everyday is a struggle and had pretty bad side effect from the propanalol upset stomach dizzy and headaches and decided I didn't need it as I was fine without it before it had been using herbal ways of dealing and medatation to calm my self but doctor insisted I tried it anyway after stopping I was getting more and more down and depressed and my anxiety was getting really bad had some really bad episodes and decided to look up side effects and found a lot of people complaint about there mood anxiety back pains chest pains same as I had been going through now I have stopped taking them for a few days and felt better woke up yesterday and took one as u forgot just ha bit and today my anxiety is really bad again anyone else experienced this?

Ps sorry for terrible spelling and punctuation

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

hi lansoprazole is for stomach problems -is it just propanolo u r taking for anxiety?
    • Posted

Hi yeah sorry I suffer badly from heartburn and was prescribed lansoprazole at the same time as propanalol but for two different things one for my anxiety and one for heartburn
  • Posted

i was on lanzporazole too for stomach issues, i found it helped for a short while then actually gave me stomach and rib pain, so its not really great for long term use. it wont have any anxiety affects though
    • Posted

Yeah I have a lot of rib pain but have read a lot of people saying it causes depression and anxiety I wouldn't have thought so but it seems to be common
  • Posted

As you started taking these tablets 4 months ago it seems obvious that they either aren't a good mix for you or you have a bad reaction to either or both of them. Try keeping a diary of what's happpening for a week and then make an appointment to see the doctor and give him he diary to read and ask him to come up with alternative medication for you. You can't go on as you are.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.