Lanzprozole

Posted , 8 users are following.

im on lanzaprozole the past few yrs and some comments say prolonged use is dangerous. anyone else on here have a reaction from prolonged use of lanzaprozole?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I've taken various PPI's since 2000 and not found them a problem. One of my doctors has taken them for even longer.

• Posted

The only thing ive noticed is my hair as gone thinner I've been on them For 5 years

• Posted

I was on Losec about 1995 to 2014, they kept my reflux at bay, but then in 2014, I was hospitalised in an emergency with dangerously low Magnesium levels, which was apparently caused by the Omeprazole in the Losec. They took me off the Losec and put me on Ranitidine which i'm still on but they are not as effective.

Apparently, the Magnesium levels were so low that they could have been fatal.

My advice would be to get your Magnesium checked as soon as possible.

• Posted

Please read the information in the pack. It can cause osteoporosis, if taken long term, among other things. I bought calcium tablets to help with it.If you're over 60, it can put weight on you. There's a good forum to ask, on the internet.

• Posted

I have the facts and those are as I explained, that they can reduce your levels of Magnesium to dangerous levels, if taken over a long period without breaks.

To avoid Osteoporosis my GP prescribed Calceos tablets.

He did nothing to prevent Magnesium deficiency.

I always read the labels, but this did not seem to apply to me.

• Posted

I was on different PPi drugs for over 2 years. I started getting a sharp pain in my stomach that felt like a needle was stuck in there. I almost went in for an emergency xray to see if there was a piece of metal in there. The last straw was when I was having foot pain and the doctor told me I had osteoporosis in my feet.

I gradually got off the drugs by using carbonated water to strengthen my Lower esophageal sphincter. I still use antacids when needed, but they are much safer. The sharp stomach pain went away and I hope my bone density returns to normal.

https://patient.info/forums/discuss/how-i-cured-my-acid-reflux-naturally--402930

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.