Laparoscopic hysterectomy booked

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi I have date for laparoscopic hysterectomy 19th feb so not long to wait I am hoping that it helps with my pelvic and rectal pain as cervix is pushing into it also have lower back and hip pain...any advice please 

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi there. If you are having a total hysterectomy where the cervix is removed I would say there is a great chance the pain will resolve. I had one in 2016 and the pain pushing you referenced is one of the reasons we went total. It helped and was amazing. Unfortunately I just had an open laporatomy bilateral oophorectomy last week because my ovaries were covered in endo. I was trying to keep them longer but it didn't work out. As far as the uterine and cervix and rectal pain I would don the total hysto all over again for sure. Even when I had exam right afterwards that horrible pain normally felt shooting back and up because of thr cervix was fone instantly. It's a long process but worth it. Good luck.

• Posted

That’s good to hear...I’m having ovaries removed also can’t wait to be rid and hopefully help pain..did your bowel movements get effected by the position of uterus and cervix 
    • Posted

Yes and it was extremely painful to the point of vommiting and or passing out at times. During cycle because of endo it was bad as well. But we were prett t sure the positioning caused most issues. Good luck. I am sure it will help. ❤

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.