Laparoscopic Hysterectomy tomorrow - any tips or advice?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi

Im booked in for tomorrow and Im feeling very nervous.

Has anyone got anyone got any tips or advice ?

Thanks in advance

Angela

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Angela,

The only thing I can say really is what I kept thinking to myself, in 1 day this will be over, no more heavy bleeding (or whatever symptoms you are experiencing now) and in my case I had stage 1A endometrial cancer, so I didn't have a choice really even though I was very tempted to cancel last minute, I kept imagining myself on a desert island somewhere, anywhere but where I was going and what was going to happen, in the end I needn't have worried, I got to the hospital at midday , had all my obs done, the anaesthetist came to see me and he already knew that I was a very anxious person (I have agoraphobia), he walked in and said 'oh so you're our trouble patient are you?' which put me at ease, everyone was so kind, a staff nurse came in at around 3pm and walked me to the Operating room, it was just so casual.

Just think to yourself 'I have to do this' take a deep breath and know you will be ok.

Will be thinking of you.

Take care

Phoebe.

• Posted

Thank you so much for your kind words and advice.

I hope you have recovered well.

• Posted

I am very well, thanks.

thinking of you tomorrow, let us know how it goes.

Phoebe 😊

• Posted

I like having that thought of a desert island!! : ) Just think of all the freedom you'll have-- no worries about periods on a vacation or swimming.. No more buying tampons, pads. No more worries at work or if your out doing errands and you not expecting it. Sex will be whenever you want and based on your monthly cycle.I'm sure you are ready for this. Medical staff will make you feel comfortable and at ease..I have done that before where I talk to myself saying I can do this, it's for the best, etc... And it truly is.

• Posted

Hi everyone

Im home and I already feel so much better than I thought I would.

I realise there is a long way to go but Im definitely ready for that.

Thanks again for the kind words and thoughts.

Angela x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.