Laparoscopic Hysterectomy tomorrow - any tips or advice?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi

Im booked in for tomorrow and Im feeling very nervous.

Has anyone got anyone got any tips or advice ?

Thanks in advance

Angela

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi Angela mine was bikini line cut so the after effects might be a bit different. Wind pains were painful and the after effects of the anaesthetic made me sick for about 12 hours but after about 5 days I was doing things in the house and wallpapering a bedroom after 3 weeks. Hopefully you won't feel too bad but take it easier than I did. I was scared before I went in, aneasthetist asked me to count to 10 and I was asleep by 3, I wasn't aware of anything until a few hours later. To get rid of the messy periods was the best thing for me. Take something interesting in with you to read to help take your mind off it or some music. Let me know how you get on. Mandy x

• Posted

hi angela

good luck for tomorrow, the hardest for me was wind pain (try peppermint tea) and constipation. I wasnt sick at all, but was very tired for weeks after the op. Do not try to do anything for first few weeks, its a major op and your body needs time to recover properly. My friend started mucking her horse out after 6 weeks but she regretted it, having to have a further op 12 months later for scar tissue that formed inside and this could be due to not letting your body recover first.

i was surprised when i woke up from my op, it wasnt as awful as i was expecting, although i did have morphine to stop any pain ( which i never experienced)

Good luck and rest!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.