Laparoscopic hysteropexy...worried about the mesh.

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hello there...I've just chanced upon this forum, and wondered if I might hear from anyone else who has had sacrohysteropexy surgery, for uterine prolapse. I had the surgery in January this year, and am now so worried about what can occur over time with the mesh.

My concerns are not just erosion ( and subsequent difficulty to remove it),  but also the strong connection with auto-immune conditions, resulting from the toxicity of the mesh itself. My surgeon had assured me that mesh erosion is not a risk with this operation, only with vaginal sling corrections....

I am 43, so was guided toward hysteropexy as opposed to hysterectomy. I had severe uterine prolapse, procidentia i.e..often could hardly get around at all, and am a single mother to a nearly five year old, so had no option in the end but to operate. Yet now that I have heard more people speaking up in the media re. Risks of mesh insertion, and have seen more recently published info, am wondering if I did the right thing. 

Fuelled also by hip and back ache, and other health concerns that I've never had before. 

So, I would love to hear about some more long-term experiences following sacrohysteropexy... Positive or negative, I'd be so grateful for any responses.

thanks! 

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi. I too had a laparoscopic hysteropexy. January 2016. I now suffer increasingly debilitating lower back and buttock pain.

• Posted

Hi 

Just seen this, I had a Laproscopic hysterepexy in March this year-2018-is that the same as what you had?

It’s now July and I’ve got constant back ache, did you get to the bottom of your pain?

I have mild Scoliosis so I had back ache before but to me this feels worse-before I had good and bad days, now every day is bad, a dull ache/stiff back, is yours the same?

• Posted

Hi Polly. Yes it's the same surgery. If I remember rightly me and Libby had the surgery at the same hospital. I'm sorry you are suffering with the same symptoms too

• Posted

So you’re still in pain too?

Can the GP suggest anything other than painkillers as I’m thinking that’s all I will be advised?

Trying to exercise, and lose weight, is an uphill struggle when in pain, even everyday tasks are hard!

• Posted

Hi Polly. Happy to communicate by email or private message. Just not sure how we exchange addresses?

• Posted

Hi I’ve been assured this is only relevant with tvt (trans vaginal tape) as unlike hysteropexy mesh tvt is not attached to anything so it can sadly end up floating around causing nerve damage. I had my hysteropexy in Dec 2016

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.