laparoscopic myectomy

Posted , 4 users are following.

hi ... i have had a laparoscopic myectomy and hyscoscopy 4 1/2 weeks ago. one 10cm fibroid and a smaller one were removed. All went well but my tummy is still really swollen even when i am doing light excerise and walking, it's pretty sore - wondering how long i can expect before it goes down properly! Also seem to have started first period since op...longer, lots of blood and excruciating period pain like never before...anyone else had this at this stage? i am worrying about adhesions etc

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hello, I don't think is normal for your tummy to be read or to be in pain as the laparoscopic myomectomy is a minimum invasion procedure. Was it done private or public?

i have had a laparoscopic myomectomy 2 weeks ago, to remove 4 fibroids, biggest one 7cm and I have no pain at all, slightly discomfort when I sneeze or cough and is not red, the cuts are healing quite well. I have my done privately at a hospital in Romania, called Wellborn Hospital and I am very happy with the results. My advise is to check with the gynaecologist. Wish you all the best with your recovery. 

• Posted

Hi,

Where did you travel from to go to the Wellborn Hospital? do they specialize in laparascopic myomectomy?  

• Posted

Hello, I traveled from London UK and yes they do laparoscopic myomectomy, I have it done done 2 weeks ago. You can drop them an email at office@wellborn.ro and they will answer all your questions. 
    • Posted

Hi Helen how bigs are your fibroids? I have had 4 removed via laparoscopic myomectomy the biggest one was 7cm. In terms of prices was very reasonable price starting from 1000 pounds and all the doctors speak English plus other European languages, was easier for them to read my medical records from here. They will book you in whenever you are available, I told them when I can do it as I was on annual leave and in about a month after I contacted the doctor, I had mine done. He arranged everything for me. All went well, no pain, no bleeding and my fertility hasn't been affected. Good luck with yours, hope you will fix it, my advise is to solve it asap as you may know, they do grow faster which makes your options a bit difficult. 

• Posted

Hi Helen, have you checked your outbox to see if the emails are there? I have just checked mine as I was waiting on a replay and it turned out that the email I have sent a week ago was actually in my outbox folder, which means that it hasn't been sent and was stored only. I think that Microsoft sometimes saves emails that are being sent to new recipients to the outbox. I have resent it again from the outbox folder and when I have checked my sent emails it shown that was sent. Check your sent and outbox folders. 

• Posted

* sorry meant to say swollen. Like I said I am in no pain, my tummy is not swollen and I haven't had yet my period. I think the period will be painful for most women for a couple of months after the operation. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.