Laparoscopic myomectomy update

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi Ladies, I hope you are all well and the nasty fibroids are giving you a break. I thought to share my update with you, it may help some of you that you are considering surgery but you are scare. 

Two months ago I have had a laparoscopy to remove 4 fibroids, biggest one was 7x6cm. My symptoms were heavy bleeding, pelvic/cramp/back pain, bloating, using the loo every 30 min, and so on. Well now after my operation, I couldn’t be more happier and I am lucky enough to have had a fast and no complication recovery. I have had my 2nd period and I can believe it the huge difference between now and before. I am still scared that I pass through and go to the toilet every 1h to check and cant believe that I don’t have to change my pad. The great thing out of all this journey is that I can go HOURSS without needing the toilet. I am now back to my normal boring life before the fibroids attack. No more toilet need, no more pain, no more huge pads and no more tiredness (still grumpy though). 

The ones who recently went through any medical procedure and have a hard time, hang in there it will get better every day. For the ones that are scared to have them removed is normal feeling scared but is also normal to have a pain free day to day life, so don’t think twice, evict the monsters.

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Thanks for sharing dear. I also had the say and saw my 2nd period last week. Am fit again. So ladies out there expecting to go for surgery or operation of any type should please hang in there and keep their fingers crossed.

Stay healthy

• Posted

wow that is good am having mine done next month but it is resection done through the vagina hopefully it end the heavy bleed which is a nightmare
  • Posted

This is really good to hear.  Please share your scar progress. How long before you could get back to work? I am very happy for you. Monsters is a good word for fibroids.
    • Posted

Hi Brooklyn, my scar has healed very good. I went back to work the 3rd week after operation 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.