Laparoscopic scars

Posted , 4 users are following.

April 10 was my surprise! gallbladder surgery. Had no idea I even had them! A week after saw the surgeon and he put me on a high protein diet for 3 weeks as my surgery sites weren't healing. Finally they are healed but they are still soooo red. Anyone has an idea when the color will change ? Also has anyone had success using Vit E to heal the scar? Or anything else out there??

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I'm on week 3 and have 7 incisions. Still pretty red! A bit tender. I'm not putting anything but lotion on them. I figured being 45 that my bikini days are now over😀

• Posted

Hey I'm 62 and my husband asked me if I was still going to wear mine. I said sure! Figure scars are my badge of honor😉 But I just hope they settle down a bit before swim weather.

And wear your bikini if you want to!

thanks!

• Posted

I may as well! I get really cut open in December, so I'm going to be pretty scarred in the tummy region

• Posted

Hi

That must have been quite a shock! In some ways you're lucky as most people have to wait months for surgery enduring pain and other symptoms.

All I was told was to moisturise the scar with something like E45 cream but I healed fairly quickly.

I had open surgery three months ago and my scar is fading. It's ten inches long, horizontal, pale pink and flat. As scars go I'm quite pleased with it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.