Laparoscopic surgery

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi! I am having laparoscopic surgery next Friday and for some reason I am so nervous. I’ve had really bad abdominal pain both upper and lower and had all kinds of Tests done from ct scans to mris to even a bunch of gi work ups and everything comes back fine. I have a lot of symptoms to have endometriosis and the only way to find out for sure is to have the surgery I’m willing to do anything because I don’t wanna life with the pain anymore it has ruined my life taken me away from things I love and enjoy to do and I just want my life back! Has anyone had the surgery that can tell me how the surgery was and how the recovery was? I’m just hoping the recovery is not gonna be so hard n long! Also hoping if it is endometriosis they can get it all out and I can have my life back. I’d appreciate any responses from anyone’s experiences. Ty in advance! ❤️

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Joann

As surgeries go, real surgeries where they cut your skin, this is small. But it's still a big thing because it's surgery! We all get anxious before surgery for at least 2 reasons: they'll put us to sleep!, and, What if they can't fix me? I'm about to have the 9th surgery of my life on Thursday and I will become anxious. Fortunately I have a big project at home taking all my time and thoughts.

You didn't mention how old you are. Wuth any surgery, the younger we are, the more quickly we recover. But laps are fairly simple. You don't usually spend the night in the States. I recover very slowly (I only know this from seeing some older women bounce out of bed almost immediately from massive non-endo abdominal surgeries for which i needed 24 hours to be awake & coherent) and was 27 when i had my lap. I spent the night & the next day at a friend's house & went to school the day after that, I think. Possibly that took us to the weekend so I had 2 more easy days, but most women recover pretty quickly from this. I hope that you do too.

• Posted

Hi aitarg I am 43. I’m not so sure y I am so nervous I have had 3 c-sections and was not this nervous 😬. I have a good doctor I guess u r right we all get nervous and the older we get the more nervous we get also in the back of my mind is is he gonna be able to fix me it’s not like I’m going in knowing I’m coming out knowing the problem is going to b solved I’m just praying so bad that it is so I can have my life back. Ty for your response I can only hope even though I’m not as young as u were that I can recover as fast as u did or at least almost as fast!

• Posted

Yes, going in for a c-section is different: just expecting a beautiful baby at the end of it. I had a laparoscopic gallbladder removal at 50, went home next day & was in bed a couple more days. Hopefully you'll take less than that.

Perhaps it will help to simply accept that you're worried & that that's okay. I hope it all goes well.

• Posted

I hope ur surgery went good. I had my laparoscopic one year ago and now am having really bad sharp pains. But I’m so scared to go back to my dr only to find out it came back. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.