Laparoscopic surgery. Failed to remove cysts!!

Posted , 6 users are following.

I had laprascopic surgery 4 weeks ago to remove a large cyst off left ovary and a smaller one off right ovary, which were diagnosed using vaginal scan and ct scan. When I woke up surgeon told me he couldn't find any cysts, they had disappeared! So he closed me back up. Pain continued, had very painful colonoscopy looking for cause , then Gp decided to do another scan as I was in so much pain! Guess what? Both cysts still there!!!! 4 weeks off work, 3 months pain and now back to square one!! How is this possible? Soo depressed!!! Don't trust the surgeon any more!!! Any ideas???

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

boggles the mind. awful -

best wishes for plan b /recovery

• Posted

Could you possibly request another consultant? It would take more time but may put your mind at rest?

The very best of luck with it all x

• Posted

Yes that seems sensible. Just can't believe I've been through all this to get precisely nowhere!!!

Thanks for your thoughts. X

• Posted

OMG!! Poor you, can you request a different surgeon or hospital. You should make a complaint to the hospital too. How can they miss a cyst? Having these things are stressful enough without all of this on top of it. Totally disgusting that they missed the cysts! Ask for a scan before you go to theatre next time so you know that they have seen them. Good Luck x
    • Posted

Hi Denise

Yes utterly disgusting!! I am so shocked and horrified!!! Waiting for the consultant to call me to explain himself!!!

Going to ask to see someone else!!

Thanks for your thoughts. X

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.