Laparoscopic total hysterectomy

Posted , 4 users are following.

I am 4 weeks post laparoscopic total hysterectomy. Last week I experienced fresh bleeding whole week. Bleeding stopped for 2 days now, however, I am having nightly pain and cramps most of the day. I’ve noticed I have swollen belly.  Last week saw GP and was given antibiotic but then bleeding persist, so I called the gynae team, saw me with blood test done which came back normal. I just finish my antibiotics course.  I’m a bit concerned of my swollen tummy and pain. Also experiencing cold flushes.  Is this normal or should I get in touch with the gynae or gp?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Assuming they took your ovaries? Did you discuss hormone therapy wih your doctor yet?
  • Posted

Hi hun

I am 15 wks from tvh but didn't suffer any of this.

I would definitely get to see your gp or consultant ok lovex

• Posted

If you had ovaries out also you would be getting hot flushes not cold if it was hormonal. I have mine but done meno 5 yrs ago. I'm age 50 x

• Posted

I’m so.  Sorry you went through that bleeding I hope you’re getting better check yourself when that happens me myself I never bled I am nine weeks in but I am still in pain not so much like the beginning but still very discomfort still taking medication but I’m already at work 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.