Laparoscopy done on august 12 2014

Posted , 4 users are following.

I had a laparoscopy done recently due to persistent huge hemmorhagic ovarian cysts every month since November 2013 and also just found out a couple months ago that I have a blood clotting disorder called Leiden factor five and I already have a history of blood clots. In my surgery they found stage two endometriosis and a strand pulling my ovary and Fallopian tube being pulled down and two ovarian cysts in my Fallopian tube. They corrected all of these and let me know that the endometriosis will come back and the cysts won't stop. I cannot be put on birth control due to my history of blood clots and blood clotting disorder. I have two concerns.

im 24 and was told the only way to stop the ovarian cysts is to get pregnant. I talked with my hematologist and he says I will be high risk and have to be on blood thinners. This concerns me, especially since the endometriosis and cysts will come back even after pregnancy and I'm afraid to be high risk. My husband and I are leaning to not having children and just getting my ovaries out to stop this cyst problem.

second concern is I just had surgery on august 12 of this year and it wasn't too painful, my knee surgeries were a lot worse on recovery. My concern lies that I'm having quite a bit of stabbing pain and I'm sure it's a cyst again. What do I do? I'm sick of hospitals every month thinking I'm drug seeking because I'm in so much pain and no doctor will take the ovaries out even though I've thought it through and I will adopt if I want a kid really badly. I'd rather not be in pain all the time. Please help, anyone!

1 like, 16 replies

16 Replies

• Posted

Your so young to be having this horrible disease. I'm so sorry your going through this .I'm 32 and just went through the ringer with test and biopsys myself to test for endometriosis. Still haven't been checked for it yet :-(. If I was in your place,, yes I would ask for the ovaries to be removed if not a complete hysterectomy and be done with it all at one time. I hope you get this taken care of and free of pain soon .  
  • Posted

Copy this post. Lay it on thick with your gynacologist, if you don't have one get your GP to reffer you. Have a letter with you that lays out your husband/partners position then after they have signed it write on it I agree and signed it. Give this to your consultant.

The reason I say this is this is a big step and you need to convey your desperation and the support you have in this decission.

Get a letter from the haematologist and write your concerns about it, give this to your consultant.

In this case the more the merrier and the more you have to back you up and show you have really thought about it the better..

• Posted

Well said Tarchurch ...... Some Dr's have never experienced this pain from either issues and it emotionaly,and physically breaks us down..I'm going to copy this also if you don't mind.
    • Posted

No problem, the more the merrier so please feel free to do so. If there is anything I can do to help please let me know

Big hugs xxx

• Posted

I will thank you and I pray she can get this dealt with. I recently went to the dr and had a DNC and 4 biopsys to be checked for cervical cancer with HPV .that all come back clear for now .But haven't even checked for the endometriosis yet. Which runs in my family really bad ..Been recovering 2 weeks now :-( cysts back to back while on the Birth control ..had to stop taking it . 
    • Posted

Unfortunatly birth control is only effective for certain types of cysts.

This was on NHS Choices website so shove this your consultants and Drs way

"The exact cause of endometriosis is unknown, but there are several theories about what causes it. 

Genetics

Endometriosis is sometimes believed to be hereditary, being passed down through the genes of family members. It can affect women of every ethnicity, but is less common in women of African-Caribbean origin and more common in Asian women than in white women. This suggests that genes may play a part."

• Posted

Yeah sadly my grandmother and mother both had it. And I do know the dr put my mom on BC to try and help her issue,but didn't work . 
    • Posted

It is a known treatment for that but it is also known that it sadly does not always work. There are at least two charities that can advise on this.Endometriosis UK and Endometriosis SHE Trust UK (This latter one has 8 free leaflets to download and about 42 for members only, so 50 all told) both are mentioned on The NHS Choices website. Are you a member of them or any others?
    • Posted

Noni actually just signed up for this the other day due to being rejected from our local emergency room cause my dr was out for the day. I'm actually happy talking to other people that have the same issues I'm going thru.but I will look into those soon.
    • Posted

Can message you the web adresses anytime you need them. The NHS Choices article is a good one and has links to both websites.
  • Posted

i'm so sorry you are having such physical pain and having to make such life altering decisions at such a young age... not fair... i guess if i were in your place i would be looking into alternative treatments... i am not an expert on endometriosis... but i know things we eat and supplements can improve out health... i have read that accupunture and chinese medicine can be extremely helpful...

• Posted

Thanks for all your responses, they've been more helpful then some drs. It's been a tough time but we have come to terms that it's too risky for me to have a child and we are sick of all the ER visits and want a permanent solution to the pain. Either that or I'll be in a freaking pain clinic. Trying to remain positive and get by.
    • Posted

I don't blame you.The constant pain and problems will cause you more emotional stress, and depression. There is always adoption.So many beautiful babies looking a loving family. I wish you the best of luck through this girl.
    • Posted

I was adopted as a baby, am now 49, and thank God for it everyday. If not I'd have languished in care.

Big hugs and best wishes

xxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.